|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
What is MTSP?
MTSP is a Japanese netplay client based on Lunaport, with improved netplay and integrated chat. MTSP is built around a "server" system, where one player creates a server room and all other players can use that server as a matchmaking
Note: The English MTSP is NOT backwards compatible with the Japanese version of MTSP, due to IP Encryption generating different strings.
How do I start using MTSP?
Download MTSP.exe and place it somewhere, preferably in your VP folder. The first time that you run MTSP and see the "Startup" dialog, you must set the following settings:
- The open port (7500)
- Your nickname and tagline (Options tab) <- Important!
Then, press "Free Play". MTSP will ask you for the path to the VP executable (if you have not set it already). At this point, set the following settings:
- The path to the VP executable
- The path to your replays folder
- The notification sounds (a notify.wav is included in the VP downloads on the main page)
- Max. # of stages (must be 5)
- Stage # (must be 0)
- # of Rounds (must be 2)
- Game timer (must be 60, otherwise desyncs will occur)
- Game title bar (Recommended settings: check "Nickname", "Number of games played", and "Framerate")
- Launch at 640x480 (check)
Note: These settings are intended for Vanguard Princess only. They may not work with other Fighter Maker 2000 games.
First, you must join or create a server.
To join a server: The server host will tell you either his IP, or his server code. The server code is an "encrypted" IP that is used to connect to the server, obtained via the "Encrypt IP" tab in the connection dialog.
- Select either "Host" or "Client" in the Mode tab of the connection dialog, depending on whether or not you forwarded port 7500. Choose "Host" if you have, and "Client" if you have not. (Do NOT select "Server", since that starts your own server instead.)
- Then, put the server code (which looks like a string of numbers), into the "destination IP" box.
- Press "OK". You will enter the server. If you can't connect, you may have to check or uncheck the DNS box that is under the "destination IP" box before you attempt to connect.
To play games in a server: Select someone's username by clicking on it, then right-click and select "Challenge". This will launch the game for both players. Keep in mind that two clients cannot play each other (because neither player has forwarded their ports), so at least one of the two participants must be a "host". Hosts have blue names.
When you wish to end the current session, simply exit Vanguard Princess. MTSP does not need to be restarted.
If you want to make a server edit this wiki with this format.
- Japanese Server
【Server Name】: kurolong.ddo.jp
【Opening Hours】: Weekdays (Morning and Evening), On Holidays
【Max Connections】: 50
【Other】: All skill levels beginner to advanced are welcome
Can I launch Vanguard Princess from MTSP without playing against someone?
- Yes! Type /game to launch VP. (/help gives a list of other useful chat commands.)
How do I save replays?
- In the Options menu, check "Save replays". This option is turned off by default.
No one in the server is free to play!
- You may ask other people from IRC or your own friends to play you. Everyone can join the server.
It keeps saying "too late to spectate".
- You must begin spectating someone before they start playing. You cannot join halfway through a game. You can begin spectating a user at any time that they are "available", and spectating automatically begins (VP will launch) when they enter a game.
I want to idle but people keep challenging me!
- Type /rest to enter the "resting" state. When resting, you may still talk, but other players cannot challenge you. Type /rest again to exit the resting state.
It keeps dropping the connection to my opponent!
- "Connection to opponent too unstable." is an indicator that either the two players are too far away, or one of them has really, really bad internet. MTSP automatically rejects connections that are too poor, so avoid torrenting or using a wireless network when playing VP.
"X has challenged me" is not translated.
- Fixed in the latest version. Please download the executable from the main page.
It says my port is in use even though I forwarded it.
- Only one application can use port 7500 at any given time. If you have other casters or games open that happen to use port 7500, they must be closed before you can use MTSP as a host or server.
It crashes when I open it.
- Some users are unable to open MTSP. If this is the case, please attempt the following:
- Move MTSP to a folder where it has write permissions
- Run MTSP as an administrator (This should not be necessary if MTSP is placed in a folder that it has write permissions in)
- Create an exception for MTSP in your antivirus and firewall
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Environment 2010 (64-bit version)
- If none of these steps resolve the issue, please report it at #vp @ irc.mizuumi.net.