|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Melty Blood Actress Again introduces moon styles, which are kind of like grooves in Capcom vs. SNK 2. After selecting a character, you can select between Crescent, Half Moon, or Full Moon as a style.
In general, plays the way Melty Blood Act Cadenza did. A good mixture of speed, power, and comboability. Has the most control over meter out of the three styles.
- Can reverse beat
- Meter goes up to 300%, can activate HEAT mode by pressing 5E or A+B+C while on the ground anytime meter is over 100%. During HEAT mode, red life slowly regenerates and the timer stops. Can go into BLOOD HEAT mode by activating while meter is in MAX mode. During BLOOD HEAT mode, red life recovers much faster than in regular HEAT. Heat activation has invincible startup, is unblockable, and wallslams, but can be shielded or punished on whiff.
- Can dodge both on the ground and air by pressing 2E/2A+B. Doing an air dodge makes your character realign at the end of the dodge (as opposed to double jump, where the character realigns at the beginning), and weakens the guard meter.
- Can circuit spark both in the air and on the ground by pressing 5E/A+B+C when getting hit in MAX meter mode
- Has both EX Shield (tap D) and Normal Shield (hold D).
- Shield bunker performed by pressing 214D, works kind of like a guard cancel or alpha counter. Costs 50% meter and does a bit of damage. Needs to be used carefully since it is slow and punishable.
- EX guard performed by guarding an attack right before it hits, like a Garou Just Defend or a Guilty Gear Instant Block. Restores guard meter and very slightly reduces blockstun when successful.
Good comboability, and power is generally low but damage can be very high with good execution. Has the least control over meter out of the three styles. Suited to a rushdown style of play.
- Can reverse beat
- Meter goes up to 200%. Cannot manually activate heat, but once meter reaches 200%, your character will automatically go into HEAT mode. During HEAT mode red life slowly regenerates and the timer stops. If your character gets hit while in HEAT mode, you will automatically circuit spark. EXCEPTION: If your character is getting comboed by the opponent and you reach 200% during the combo, then you can choose to manually spark with 5E/A+B+C. Otherwise you'll enter HEAT automatically when you regain control of your character.
- Can dodge both on the ground and in the air by pressing 2E/2A+B
- Cannot normal (held) shield, can only EX shield. If shield is successful, your character will perform an auto shield counter, which launches the opponent and allows for a followup combo.
- Shield bunker performed by pressing 214D. Costs 100% meter, but is faster and has better recovery than the shield bunkers of the other moon styles. Does not do any damage.
- Cannot EX guard but has a larger guard bar than C and F moons.
- Gains a 6AA followup to 5A which is typically used as a combo extender.
Emphasis on power, more damage per hit, but less comboability. Similar to BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.
- Cannot reverse beat. Has basic weak->medium->strong chain sequence. There are also special rules within the button strengths. A’s have no restrictions, B’s are normal->crouching normal->command normal(ex: F-Ciel 5B2B4B), C’s are normal->command normal and crouching normal->command normal. Basically there are BlazBlue/Guilty Gear style gatling chains.
- Meter goes up to 300%. Cannot manually activate heat if meter is below 300%. At 300%, your character goes into MAX heat mode. At MAX, your character can go into BLOOD HEAT mode by pressing 5E/A+B+C. This works the same as Crescent's BLOOD HEAT except all red life is instantly regained and the timer does not stop.
- Also, in MAX heat mode, almost all normals can be cancelled on hitor block by doing an INITIATIVE HEAT, which is done by inputting 5E/A+B+C while the normal or special is being performed. Additionally, any normal or special move that can be EX cancelled on whiff can also be IH'd even on whiff. Kind of like a GG or BB Roman/Rapid Cancel, but on top of cancelling the attack Initiative Heat also puts your character in HEAT mode. IH is similar to Crescent HEAT, but like F-moon BLOOD HEAT instantly refills all red life and does not stop the timer..
- Can circuit spark both in ground and air by pressing 5E/A+B+C
- If not in MAX or BLOOD HEAT mode, pressing and holding 5E/A+B+C on the ground will make your character enter a charging animation. Meter will rise at an accelerating rate until 5E/A+B+C is released, similar to CvS2 S-groove.
- Cannot dodge or air dodge.
- In the air, can only dash cancel j.A but can still double jump cancel normally.
- Cannot EX shield, but can normal (held) shield. Upon a successful shield, your character can cancel into a special (including EX), activate heat, or do a SHIELD COUNTER by inputting 236D. 236D launches the opponent and allows for a followup combo.
- Shield bunker performed by pressing 214D, works the same as Crescent shield bunker.
- Like Crescent, can EX guard