Nitroplus Blasterz is a sequel to the Nitroplus crossover fighting game, Nitro Royale: Heroines Duel.
Originally announced in 2009 as one of the many projects in Nitroplus 10th anniversary lineup, the game remained in development hell until December 2014. Rather than keeping the game an in-house project, Nitroplus have outsourced it to EXAMU, a well-known fighting game developer. As a result, the game does not have much in common with its poorly made predecessor, having received an upgrade in both graphics and combat system.
Nitroplus Blasterz has a cast of 14 playable characters and 20 partner characters, featuring heroines from numerous Nitroplus projects. As part of the collaboration between Nitroplus, EXAMU and the publishers from Marvelous, the console release also added two guest characters, Aino Heart from Arcana Heart and Homura from Senran Kagura. Although the combination of many well-known titles is a major part of the game's appeal, its solid gameplay allows it to stand on its own. If you consider yourself a fan of anime fighters in general, you will be able to enjoy it even if you don't recognize any of its characters.
|In Progress / Completed
- System data is completed (except for exact HP of cast members, this will need testing).
- Most character and assist pages have been updated with a good amount of their relevant info.
- Character categories are in place and all images are properly categorized.
- Updated NavBox at bottom of each page to the new format with images / icons and a better look
- MoveData templates created and available for use. See Saya / Ignis page for details on how they look
- Characters missing frame data / double check frame data:
- Ein - j214AB
- Mora - 214AB, j214AB, 236236BC
- Ruili - 236236BC
- Anna - Everything
- Ignis - 236X / j236X
- Muramasa - j.236X
- Ethica - 214X-41236X, 236AB, 236236BC
- Saber - all
- Homura - 236AB, 421AB, 623AB
- Sonico - 5AA, 5AAA, 236AB, VR, 236236BC
- Heart - supers
- Characters that have combos in video form, but not in text form:
- Character pages that need to be converted to move templates (use Saya's Page as a guide):
- Everyone outside of Ein needs their "Strategy" sections filled in (this is ideally where we call on help from people who have experience playing the characters).
- All character pages may need checking to see if info is up-to-date for Arcade v1.08+, which was a major balance patch. 1.09 was just a bugfix patch. Use this document for looking up changes. The characters seemingly most affected by the patch are:
- (The likelihood is that these are in fact up to date, so this is a low priority albeit still necessary task).
- Assist pages need detail on practical applications, as well as how usable they are overall and why (unlike characters, some assists in this game are extremely niche, while others get seen everywhere).
- Assist Pages should probably use MoveData templates to show what the moves look like