|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Acceleration of Suguri 2/Kae
Kae's lost the crazy eyes but has retained the crazy in your face playstyle. Unfortunately her reliance on high heat is too much of a liability versus too many characters; there are some terrible terrible matchup numbers here. A low heat keep-away approach is viable in certain match-ups, but severely lowers her damage output in favor of consistency.
Kae is the fastest character in the game, she's very melee heavy and constantly likes to throw something out to confirm into another punch from or kick people into.
Kae as well is a very versatile character allowing you to adjust her to whatever the matchup asks for. This mixed with some not-so-recent anymore buffs to her clones make Kae an absolute monster to deal with if played well.
Kae's main gimmick is her Blazing mode, which when active will increase your overall damage output and gives you access to a few different attacks in exchange for not allowing for your heat to drop below 200% for a certain period of time.
Kae's overall damage output despite everything is actually not super high. She has access to sudden bursts of damage but it requires you to be very close to your opponent at most times, she can play however you want her to but the lower damage requires you to make the most out of your mobility to avoid hits while using your kit to land a bunch of them yourself. All of this combined makes Kae one of the harder characters to play successfully, she does however highly reward learning her with a very potent rushdown style or defense making her able to overcome any matchup thrown at her.
- Kae is in Blazing when she has 200% heat or above.
- All moves with a ★ can only be done in Blazing Mode.
- Blazing lasts 16 seconds if entered via SH, 8 seconds if entered through a dash.
- WA [Beam]
- Damage: 120×n
- Ammo Usage: 10%×5
- Kae shoots five semicircle-shaped projectile waves out. Trajectory can be controlled with the directional keys.
- Dash + WA [Beam]
- Damage: 50×n
- Ammo Usage: 5%×9
- Kae shoots ~a dozen smaller semicircle-shaped projectile waves out. Trades damage for mobility and consistency compared to standard WA.
- WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 40×n
- Ammo Usage: 10%×6
- Kae throws out five kunai in a line. Trajectory can be controlled with the directional keys. Most useful when aim is slightly adjusted during cast for a tight shotgun spread.
- Hold WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 40xn
- Ammo Usage: 5%×12
- Kae throws out ~a dozen kunai in a half-circle fan formation. Most effective method of controlling space, but has a slight after-cast delay.
- Hold WB
- Damage: 0
- Ammo Usage: 50%
- Sets up a fire field that lasts about 8 seconds. Sets enemy on fire (200% Heat) if they touch it.
- SP + WA [Direct]
- Damage: 120+80+60+160 (140+90+80+210 ★)
- Ammo Usage: 0%
- Normal melee combo. Has longer range than it initially appears. Does more damage while in Blazing. The direction of her final kick's knockback can be controlled by holding a directional key.
- SP + WB [Direct]
- Damage: 180 (180x2 ★)
- Ammo Usage: 25%
- Kae leaves an afterimage. After about two seconds, the clone attacks. While in blazing, she leaves two clones for double the ammo cost and also double the meter gain.
Hyper A: Gyuuun!
- Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 80×n+120 (110×n+160 ★)
- A long distance melee charge. Useful for approaching but vulnerable to counter-shields.
Hyper B: Kakyuiin!
- Dash + Hyper [Ballistic]
- Damage: 40×n
- Kae throws out ~a dozen kunai behind her that home in after ricocheting against the arena walls. Can be used as a melee setup or a reversal depending on proximity to the wall.
Hyper C: Bababaan!
- WB + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 110×n (Clones) 160 (Self)
- add notes here
Hyper D1: Moeru Yo!
- SP + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Enters Blazing mode.
Hyper D2: Zudadaan! ★
- SP + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 100×7＋170
- add notes here
Accel Hyper: Zugagaan!
- SP + WB + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 1000 (1600 ★)
- Kae rushes forward and grabs an enemy, then explodes. If done while in Blazing, the enemy's heat will raise by 106% and the damage will scale accordingly.