|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Acceleration of Suguri 2/Mira
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Overview
- 3 Normal Moves
- 4 Hyper Attacks
- 4.1 Hyper A: Imperial Wrath's Tornado (Gekirin no Tatsumaki)
- 4.2 Hyper B: Purgatory's Smokescreen (Rengoku no Enmaku)
- 4.3 Hyper C1: 1000 Circling Flowers (Senkai no Senrin)
- 4.4 Hyper C2: 1000 Soaring Flowers (Tenshou no Senrin) ★
- 4.5 Hyper D1: Godspeed Slash (Shinsoku no Zangeki)
- 4.6 Hyper D2: 1000 Gated Flowers (Rasho no Senrin) ★
- 4.7 Accel Hyper: Twin Dragon Tornado (Souryuu no Tatsumaki)
A reverse trap ninja with a good variety of versatile tools and amazing meter gain that allows her to play very differently depending on the situation. Her ability to choose how and where to engage her opponents makes her extremely solid in a wide variety of matchups. Her weakest point is definitely her melee.
Mira is another zony type of character that can switch to a more aggressive approach with the help of their install hyper.
Mira has an immense amount of tools to work with each filling a very specific niche in their kit, this gives Mira a bunch of ways to deal with different scenarios.
Mira's main gimmick however are their install, their Beyblades. These can allow Mira to drastically change their playstyle or give them access to even more approaches to a situation.
Because of said tools Mira has a very steep learning curve, having a lot of harder to understand tools on top of being a slow character with weak frontal cover, makes Mira both difficult to pull off due to matchup reasons but also because their kit is genuinely hard to get the most out off.
- All moves with a ★ can only be done with at least one Senrin ring left.
Scorching Beam Shurikens (Shakunetsu no Beam Shuriken)
- WA [Beam]
- Damage: 200
- Ammo Use: 15%×6
- Throws a left and right shuriken out in front of Mira in an arc where they intersect about half a screen away. Holding WA down throws more shurikens and actually isn't a bad missile clear because you can still move around, albeit slowly. The shuriken trajectories also change depending on which direction you move. Going toward an enemy makes the shurikens intersect closer to Mira, while moving backwards makes the shurikens intersect farther away. Moving left and right (assuming an enemy is straight above you) make the shurikens curve to the right and left respectively.
Flashing Caltrops (Senkou no Makibishi)
- Dash + WA [Beam]
- Damage: 1 or 50
- Ammo Use: 0%
- Throws out a set of 13 stationary caltrop projectiles. Costs nothing, can clear some ballistics.
Flashing Kunai (Issen no Nagekunai)
- WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 150
- Ammo Use: 30%
- Throws a set of three kunai directly in front of Mira. This move is repeatable up to three times. The kunai have delayed travel times, they are initially stationary before moving forward. This move is odd in that holding a direction while repeating the move will special dash cancel the move a set distance up to two times. Each special dash cancel raises your heat by 30% and can not be manually dash cancelled nor can other attacks be used in the middle. Not all that great but it's your only direct projectile.
Counter Knives (Gyakushuu no Kiri)
- Hold WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 160
- Ammo Use: 15%×4
- Puts out two sets of four knives on the left and right perpendicular to Mira. The knives are initially stationary before traveling, however they bounce off the walls of the stage. An AMAZING setup move and very hard to see, love it and use it. If low on ammo you will be able to put out less sets of knives. Builds substantial meter.
Rapid Slash (Jinsoku no Zangeki)
- SP + WA [Direct]
- Damage: 120>80>60
- Ammo Use: 0%
- A short range teleport slash with limited invulnerability. If this hits, pressing WA again will make Mira teleport to their back and slash, and one more WA will make Mira dash slash through their back. Do not be deceived by the invulnerability on this move, it is terrible. The main weakness is every step of the target combo is hideously slow. The initial attack's range is way less than something like Sora/Suguri's initial melee slash. In addition, it is quite possible to get interrupted by any stray projectiles on the stage when teleporting to their back on the second slash. These two facts combined make Mira's target combo one of the worst in the game. Smart opponents will actually rush you down with melee once they realize that Mira's initial slash is depressingly slow. This even applies to characters traditionally not thought of as melee-centric, such as Nath stage 1 or Iru (using "melee" mines). Do not entertain any notions of meleeing a character approaching straight at Mira, she can not outmash most of the cast's dash melee with her own. Also, when comboing into her melee, make absolutely sure there is nothing left on the field that could interrupt you.
1000 Wind Flowers (Hayate no Senrin) ★
- SP + WA [Direct Rings, Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 20, Red Balls 80
- Ammo Use: 1%×84
- Raises your heat by 50% per attack.
- If out of ammo there will be no red bullets, but you can still dash melee with the rings.
- Mira does a short dash forward with her Senrin Ouroboros up. With four rings up this move has amazing range, spread, meter build (on hit), plus it leaves a wake of red bullets in its wake. However keep in mind to not get too eager spam dashing this against certain characters, it is quite easy to trade disadvantageously if your heat is high as the rings don't do that much damage. If you catch someone with Tornado super this is the followup to use, provided you had set up Senrin already.
Binding smokescreen (Sokubaku no Enmaku)
- SP + WB
- Damage: 0
- Ammo Use: 30%
- Throws a smoke bomb a short distance away from Mira that slows down the opponent but deals no damage. This is your lifesaver and answer to getting rushed down. Because Mira's melee is so bad, it is almost always in your best interest to instead backdash and throw these against an approaching enemy, rather than risking a mash war. Even when slowed down it is risky to attempt meleeing an opponent, as they can still mash while in the cloud and outrange or outmash your melee. It's better to usually throw another smoke bomb on them and then set up some kunai, alternatively if you have the meter you can go for Tornado or Senrin setups into combos.
1000 Flying Flowers (Hishou no Senrin) ★
- SP + WB [Direct Rings, Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Ammo Use: 0%
- Throws a ring of the Senrin Ouroboros at the opponent. The ring leaves a trail of pink bullets in its wake. It is sort of sad you lose smoke bomb for this, however this move cuts the field into zones like no other. If you've hit someone with a SA (Senrin) or two the hitstun lets you combo into this, it is too slow usually off Tornado. Only throw them all at once inside a combo, it is in your better interest to space the throws so the bullet lines are spread out over the map. You can try using these in a long distance attrition war but they are easy to dodge full screen and it builds as much meter for you as the opponent if he can shoot them down. I like saving one ring at the end if I intend to fish with SP Hyper (Senrin).
Hyper A: Imperial Wrath's Tornado (Gekirin no Tatsumaki)
- Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 35×16
- A perpendicular nongrazeable tornado appears at the enemy position. This hyper is FAST and its perpendicular vector is extremely important when you are playing attrition Mira. Because the active frames are so long the invulnerability this move gives you will outlast a ton of other hypers and lets you stay safe on whiff; doing this on reaction (or just guessing) is preferable to bursting in every situation. Additionally, if the enemy is directly caught in the center of the tornado, the hitstun is long enough to usually followup with the combo or setup of your choice. Since I really don't like Mira's options post target combo I usually just throw two smokes on targets and set up bouncy knives into held shuriken damage. Abuse like no tomorrow against enemies that can easily deal with Senrin.
Hyper B: Purgatory's Smokescreen (Rengoku no Enmaku)
- Dash + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Mira throws eight smokebombs around her to slow down an enemy. I don't like this hyper at all, if you position yourself correctly normal smokebombs should suffice, and anyone dashing at you would be better off (for you) eating a Tornado then this hyper.
Hyper C1: 1000 Circling Flowers (Senkai no Senrin)
- WB + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Ouroboros! Mira summons four spinning rings around her. This move is amazing and changes Mira's hypers and SP moves. Each ring has its own set of HP, if it takes enough damage it will be destroyed, diminishing the effectiveness of some of your new moves. The activation itself does no damage, but you're invulnerable like all hypers, so get to comboing into SA (Senrin) if they were foolish enough to be on you! Alternatively, do this raw full screen to threaten large swaths of space with either SA (Senrin) or the threat of SB (Senrin).
Hyper C2: 1000 Soaring Flowers (Tenshou no Senrin) ★
- WB + Hyper [Direct Rings and Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 50×n, Wall Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Mira shoots all remaining rings in a straight line away from her, so if there are four rings they will fly out in a cross formation. The rings deal multiple hits and leave trails of red bullets in their way, when they hit the wall the rings start to rotate on the edges of the stage. If you can fish SA (Senrin) into this move directly on top of their hitbox you are dealing 4K+ on proper timing. Outside of that limited use, the zoning is pretty weak and the rotating rings on the edges will never hit anyone remotely awake.
Hyper D1: Godspeed Slash (Shinsoku no Zangeki)
- SP + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 120+80×7+200
- Clone melee super. Use only in combos, I generally do not use this move. Very bad if you get this instead of SP Hyper (Senrin) because your last ring died by mistake.
Hyper D2: 1000 Gated Flowers (Rasho no Senrin) ★
- SP + Hyper [Direct Senrin and Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Mira throws all existing rings she has left, along with adding six new rings. The rings will explode into red orbs on contact with the opposite wall if they make it all the way. I will frequently leave a single ring on purpose after using SB three times just for this hyper. While the initial volley of rings is about as slow as a manual throw, the rings speed up in nature near the end of the hyper, meaning this is a viable full screen super in conjunction with Tornado (Tornado for side dashers, Rasho and SB (Senrin) for front back dashers.) This move will win you games with the damage.
Accel Hyper: Twin Dragon Tornado (Souryuu no Tatsumaki)
- SP + WB + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 110×16
- Mira summons two tornados in a cross on the opponent's position. While Mira builds meter like crazy I generally prefer to use meter like crazy as well, this hyper just doesn't feel like it's worth it given the options you get off a Senrin activate plus threat of single tornado.