|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Acceleration of Suguri 2/Mira
The 2-in-1 heroic ninja from Sora is here to give all the fight they’ve got! Mira is a versatile character with good space control and a variety of powerful hypers. Though their matchup spread is largely negative (due to their slow dashspeed and terrible meterless offense) their unpredictability is what allows you to snag victory from your unsuspecting opponents.
Mira is focused primarily on abusing their exhorbitant meter gain to damage the opponent with their hypers, mainly Tornado (Neutral Hyper) and Beyblades (B Hyper). Tornado is a spammable any-range option that can lead all the way up to a 3k damage combo, while Beyblades significantly improve Mira’s melee abilities. Mira also has a low-startup melee combo in the form of SP Hyper (whose range is boosted significantly if cancelled from the first few frames of SPwA), and a potent, hard to avoid game-ender in Accel Hyper. Note that most of Mira's hypers are vulnerable to being shieldbroken by melee opponents; using these at the right time (or knowing when to use meter on shields instead) is part of the difficulty curve in learning this character.
Mira’s offense without their hypers is weak and relies on baiting or trapping your opponent. This means good meter management is vital to playing Mira well. Generally, Mira will pressure the opponent and interrupt their attack patterns with Shurikens (wA) and Knives (Hold wB), while controlling space and defending themself using Smoke Bombs (SPwB) and Caltrops (dash wA), a pair of attacks that limit your opponent's movement options. Almost all of these attacks have incredible meter gain, but they won't easily lead to combo damage. Their greatest benefit, rather, is that they manipulate your opponent and make them hesitate to approach, giving you some temporary leeway to build meter.
Mira has a ginormous arsenal of attacks, all of which are important in winning damage trades and remaining unpredictable. This, combined with the large number of ‘techniques’, combos and disadvantageous matchups, means that Mira takes a lot of effort to get used to. Incorrect Mira play against certain characters will result in a quick loss.
- All moves with a ★ can only be done with at least one Beyblade/Chakram left.
1000 Wind Flowers (Hayate no Senrin) ★
- SP + WA [Direct Rings, Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 20, Red Balls 80
- Ammo Use: 1%×84
- Raises your heat by 50% per attack.
- If out of ammo there will be no red bullets, but you can still dash melee with the rings.
- Mira does a short dash forward with her Senrin Ouroboros up. With four rings up this move has amazing range, spread, meter build (on hit), plus it leaves a wake of red bullets in its wake. However keep in mind to not get too eager spam dashing this against certain characters, it is quite easy to trade disadvantageously if your heat is high as the rings don't do that much damage. If you catch someone with Tornado super this is the followup to use, provided you had set up Senrin already.
Binding smokescreen (Sokubaku no Enmaku)
- SP + WB
- Damage: 0
- Ammo Use: 30%
- Throws a smoke bomb a short distance away from Mira that slows down the opponent but deals no damage. This is your lifesaver and answer to getting rushed down. Because Mira's melee is so bad, it is almost always in your best interest to instead backdash and throw these against an approaching enemy, rather than risking a mash war. Even when slowed down it is risky to attempt meleeing an opponent, as they can still mash while in the cloud and outrange or outmash your melee. It's better to usually throw another smoke bomb on them and then set up some kunai, alternatively if you have the meter you can go for Tornado or Senrin setups into combos.
1000 Flying Flowers (Hishou no Senrin) ★
- SP + WB [Direct Rings, Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Ammo Use: 0%
- Throws a ring of the Senrin Ouroboros at the opponent. The ring leaves a trail of pink bullets in its wake. It is sort of sad you lose smoke bomb for this, however this move cuts the field into zones like no other. If you've hit someone with a SA (Senrin) or two the hitstun lets you combo into this, it is too slow usually off Tornado. Only throw them all at once inside a combo, it is in your better interest to space the throws so the bullet lines are spread out over the map. You can try using these in a long distance attrition war but they are easy to dodge full screen and it builds as much meter for you as the opponent if he can shoot them down. I like saving one ring at the end if I intend to fish with SP Hyper (Senrin).
Hyper A: Imperial Wrath's Tornado (Gekirin no Tatsumaki)
- Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 35×16
- A perpendicular nongrazeable tornado appears at the enemy position. This hyper is FAST and its perpendicular vector is extremely important when you are playing attrition Mira. Because the active frames are so long the invulnerability this move gives you will outlast a ton of other hypers and lets you stay safe on whiff; doing this on reaction (or just guessing) is preferable to bursting in every situation. Additionally, if the enemy is directly caught in the center of the tornado, the hitstun is long enough to usually followup with the combo or setup of your choice. Since I really don't like Mira's options post target combo I usually just throw two smokes on targets and set up bouncy knives into held shuriken damage. Abuse like no tomorrow against enemies that can easily deal with Senrin.
Hyper B: Purgatory's Smokescreen (Rengoku no Enmaku)
- Dash + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Mira throws eight smokebombs around her to slow down an enemy. I don't like this hyper at all, if you position yourself correctly normal smokebombs should suffice, and anyone dashing at you would be better off (for you) eating a Tornado then this hyper.
Hyper C1: 1000 Circling Flowers (Senkai no Senrin)
- WB + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Ouroboros! Mira summons four spinning rings around her. This move is amazing and changes Mira's hypers and SP moves. Each ring has its own set of HP, if it takes enough damage it will be destroyed, diminishing the effectiveness of some of your new moves. The activation itself does no damage, but you're invulnerable like all hypers, so get to comboing into SA (Senrin) if they were foolish enough to be on you! Alternatively, do this raw full screen to threaten large swaths of space with either SA (Senrin) or the threat of SB (Senrin).
Hyper C2: 1000 Soaring Flowers (Tenshou no Senrin) ★
- WB + Hyper [Direct Rings and Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 50×n, Wall Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Mira shoots all remaining rings in a straight line away from her, so if there are four rings they will fly out in a cross formation. The rings deal multiple hits and leave trails of red bullets in their way, when they hit the wall the rings start to rotate on the edges of the stage. If you can fish SA (Senrin) into this move directly on top of their hitbox you are dealing 4K+ on proper timing. Outside of that limited use, the zoning is pretty weak and the rotating rings on the edges will never hit anyone remotely awake.
Hyper D1: Godspeed Slash (Shinsoku no Zangeki)
- SP + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 120+80×7+200
- Clone melee super. Use only in combos, I generally do not use this move. Very bad if you get this instead of SP Hyper (Senrin) because your last ring died by mistake.
Hyper D2: 1000 Gated Flowers (Rasho no Senrin) ★
- SP + Hyper [Direct Senrin and Beam Red Balls]
- Damage: Rings 120, Red Balls 80
- Mira throws all existing rings she has left, along with adding six new rings. The rings will explode into red orbs on contact with the opposite wall if they make it all the way. I will frequently leave a single ring on purpose after using SB three times just for this hyper. While the initial volley of rings is about as slow as a manual throw, the rings speed up in nature near the end of the hyper, meaning this is a viable full screen super in conjunction with Tornado (Tornado for side dashers, Rasho and SB (Senrin) for front back dashers.) This move will win you games with the damage.
Accel Hyper: Twin Dragon Tornado (Souryuu no Tatsumaki)
- SP + WB + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 110×16
- Mira summons two tornados in a cross on the opponent's position. While Mira builds meter like crazy I generally prefer to use meter like crazy as well, this hyper just doesn't feel like it's worth it given the options you get off a Senrin activate plus threat of single tornado.