|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Acceleration of Suguri X/Iru
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Hyper Attacks
- 4 Strategies
Iru is a neat character with interesting tools. She can lay electric mines to deal with enemies and projectiles, her lasers are decent, and her missiles are unique that the explosions also deal damage instead of just the missile itself. This can be used to an advantage if they explode on an enemy's projectile that they launched late; the explosion will hit them instead!
High-Speed Photon Rifle
- Press A [Beam]
- Damage: 200
- A single, powerful shot.
- [A] [Beam]
- Damage: 80x4
- Rapid fire shots in a narrow arc. Can be dash canceled rapidly.
- Dash + A [Beam]
- Damage: 80x4
- Fires in a wider arc, but can't be dash canceled.
Dumb-fire Hand Rocket
- Press B [Ballistic]
- Damage: 30x8, (20x2)n (Blast)
- Eight missiles towards the general direction of your opponent.
- [B] [Ballistic]
- Damage: 30x13, (20x2)n (Blast)
- Thirteen missiles aimed in all directions.
Electromagnetic Hold Bit
- sA or [sA] [Ballistic]
- Damage: 10 (Bit), 30x n (Field)
- Pressing will leave a bit on your current position for about 5 seconds, and holding will throw a bit towards your opponent for one second less duration. The field will negate some attacks, as well. Iru may have a Count of 4 on the screen at any time. Placing or throwing a fifth will remove the oldest one already out.
Homing Missile Pod
- sB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 50x6, (20x2)n (Blast)
- Like Suguri's homing missiles these have a bit of an arc to them, and thus aren't recommended for using in close or mid-range.
Hyper A1: Full Output Linear Ray
- Execution: Hyper
- Damage: 30x11
- A quick beam special that can be canceled from her B+Hyper and Dash+Hyper. Iru can also pan it by pressing a direction to ensure she hits a running opponent. Very useful all around as a good punish, clearing tool, anything really. It's a strong attack.
Hyper A2: All-Out Barrage Full Fire
- Execution: Dash + Hyper
- Damage: 50x16, (20x2)n (Blast)
- A large swarm of missiles, eight on each side of her. The missile deploy in an unusual arc and not all of them will track. You can, however, count on them covering a wide area to make the attack tricky to dodge.
Hyper B: Wide Electric Field
- Execution: sHyper
- Damage: 10 (Bit), 30x n (Field)
- You can press the Hyper key for four bits around you in the cardinal directions, whereas holding will make a solid wall of four a little ways front of you. These fields also follow the same duration rules as the regular move. Using this hyper either after placing normal electric mines or simply twice in a row will let you break the Count rule.
Hyper C: High-Explosive Genocide Bomb
- Execution: B + Hyper
- Damage: 300 (Missile), 45x11 (Blast)
- Iru launches a huge nuke out with very low durability at the opponent's last location. It's good for ousting opponents from a fortress of bullets they've constructed. The explosion deals damage, like all of Iru's missiles, but this one can hurt you as well. Be careful!
Accel Hyper: Disintegration Light Destruction Ray
- Execution: A + B + Hyper or sB + Hyper
- Damage: 50x14 (Beam), (20x3)n (Blast)
- Iru fires a gigantic laser cannon that is so fearsome it causes explosions to dabble alongside it! Has slightly erratic damage, due to the blasts appearing in semi-random locations around the beam.
Iru has a number of ways she can go about a battle, and true to the nature of the game, can switch between any of them without a problem.
Play the distance game. Keep far away from your opponent and try to keep at least a minimum of two electric mines up at all times. Your photon rifle as a punish and missiles as a nuisances will probably be your main source of damage.
If your opponent is heading straight towards you and you can’t hit them then hold down the B button to send an arc of those missiles flying. You can either be aggressive and follow up with a few photon shots and homing missiles or retreat and put some more distance in between you and your opponent. Need some more distance? Throw out those elec bits too they can’t dash through them and will stop most other ballistics.
For punishing, the large laser hyper is probably the best bet, its fast, its wide, it turns, and it slices and dices! Avoid using the Hyper C, It has very niche uses that are overshadowed by the usefulness of all of her other hypers. It can be used to clear out and turn an area into a bad idea to be, but then you might as well have done her Dash Hyper
Iru can also play as an upclose annoyance by keeping her electric mines around the opponent and walling off escape exits. When the opponent gets caught in one, immediately dash up and do [WB] for a good chunk of damage! It's a fun way to play and will surely make your opponent flustered in no time when Iru starts slowly pushing forward with her traps.