|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
An officer once belonging to a research association on German ancestral inheritance, commonly known as Ahnenerbe, that was involved in the excavation of Tibet's ancient legacy. However, with the discovery of the ancient city of Agartha, he uses that superior science to further his own ambitions. (From character selection screen)
Adler is an officer for the Gesellschaft, as head of the Armed Schutzstaffel: the army of the Ahnenerbe, composed of his clones, the Elektrosoldat. Host of his own Blitz Engine, Adler was guided by the mysterious head of the Perfecti Kyoudan cult to retrieve and understand the unique Blitz Engine hosted within Akatsuki, the officer frozen in the Artic after a failed expedition to protect the Engine. Little does he know, the operation is much well thought than initially assumed.
A more "shoto" - esque alternative to Elektrosoldat, Adler is fairly rushdown oriented with some shorter range and slower versions of many of Soldat's specials. Some of his normals function similarly, but Adler has far more of a high/low mixup game and better damage output in exchange for suffering greatly outside of optimal range. Unsurprisingly, he and Soldat are not far from each other in terms of tiers.
- Armor Ratio = 1.025
- Walking Speed = 5.5 dots/frame
- Retreating Speed = 4.5 dots/frame
ブリッツクーゲル - Blitzkugel
236+A/B/C/B+C (Air OK!)
フラクトリット - Flak Tritt
ブリッツボンベ - Blitzbombe
ブリッツガイスト - Blitzgeist
Adler tutorial video. He's also one of the only characters who needs to worry about standing/crouching confirms, as he has BnBs for both. Adler players will need to remain vigilant to succeed as him.
https://youtu.be/7vLj7-LxW-U 10 minute tutorial on the arcade version (mainly different reflect combos). Check description for timestamps.
Dead links :(
- 2AAA2B 214C / 214B+C
- ~1700 dmg (2200 w/ j.C) Staple midscreen combo. Knocks down and sets up for oki.
- 5B 214A, 5C 6B/214C
- ~2500 dmg (~3300 w/ j.C) Harder to confirm and requires a standing opponent. Will still score a knockdown and land you a
- 2B, 6B/236A/B/214C
- ~1500/2200 dmg. Even more difficult combo to confirm due to Adler's 2B being a cancellable low that doesn't chain into anything.
- Going into 6B won't score a knockdown, but is much safer if blocked.
- 236A won't score a knockdown either, but will do more damage in exchange for being less safe. 236B won't combo but is safer
- 214C will knockdown but you'll eat it's blocked. You can reflector if you expect them to mash for a punish, or go for grab to try to throw break a throw punish.
- In the corner, Adler can combo after a 214A with a 5C6B, with a followup. If the opponent is crouching and you set up 214A to only hit on the second hit, you can do this twice. Otherwise, you can generally only do it once, ending with 2AA2B22C.
- You can also tack on ~200 more damage to your corner combos if you catch your opponents getting hit by a 236C, as it's very easy to follow up with due to its long hitstun.
- 2A2B 214A, 5C6B, 2AA2B 22C (22B+C)
- ~2900 dmg (~4300 with super). Staple corner combo against standing. Meterless, decent damage, sets up for oki
- j.C 5C 214A, 5C6B, 2AA2B 22C (22B+C)
- ~4200 dmg (~5500 w/super). Most damaging combo with starter, for only one bar. You'll want to go for this against standing opponents when you have the meter.
- j.C 5C 214C(1) 236B+C, Airthrow, 22C, 22C (22B+C)
- ~4400 dmg (~5550 dmg w/super). Simple, damaging combo against crouchers. Since 214 won't combo properly, use this instead. You'll generally want to cancel into the 236B+C as close to the ground as possible to allow ample time to go for the airthrow.
- j.C 5C 236B 214B+C
- ~4800 dmg. Costs one bar as well, but shorter and just as easy to confirm. You can also go into 236 for an easier confirm and a negligible damage drop. Better combo than the above, but doesn't look as cool.
- [CHARACTER SPECIFIC] j.C 5C 236B 236B+C, 214A, 5C6b, 5C6B, 2AA2B 22C (22B+C)
- ~5000 dmg. Still testing.
- Reflector, 2B6B
- ~1600 dmg. Simple. Knocks down, knocks them away
- Reflector, 214C.
- ~1700 damage. Requires a bit of a delay to connect both hits.
- Reflector, 5B6B, 5C6B, 2AA2B22C (22B+C)
- ~3000 dmg (~4300 w/super). You'll want to change up the normal you use to chain into 6B based on distance. If you're too far from the corner after the reflector, use 2B. If you're still too far from the corner that after the first 6B that you get far 5C instead, use 5B.
3 meter combos
- Adler's Level 3 lets you get some nasty corner 6B loops for a sizable chunk of damage. Despite the effort required compared to other characters' Level 3s, Adler's is still worth the meter.
- j.C 5C A+B+C, 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*3, 5C 214A, 5C6B, 2AA2B 22C
- ~7550 dmg. Strong combo with the usual finish
- j.C 5C 236A, A+B+C, (slight step forwards) 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*3, 5C 214A, 5C6B, 2AA2B 22C
- ~7750 dmg. Slightly harder version with an extra fireball thrown in early.
- j.C 5C 236B A+B+C, (step forwards) 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*3, 5AAB 214A, 2A5B6B, 2AA2B 22C
- ~8050 dmg. Adler's highest damage potential. Hardest version requiring a very tight spacing to properly combo.
- j.C 5C A+B+C, (wait) 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*2, 5AAAB 214A, [5C6B]*2, 2AA2B22C
- ~7550 dmg. Crouching variation. Slightly less damage, similar result. For the wait, you'll need to pause for the ball to circle slightly past Adler's leg, as going into the 5A too early will cause the combo to drop, as the ball won't circle around in time.
- j.C 5C 236A, A+B+C, (slight step forwards) 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*2, 5AAAB 214A, [5C6B]*2, 2AA2B22C
- ~7800 dmg. Crouching w/fireball variation. Not much harder.
- j.C 5C 236B, A+B+C, (slight step forwards) 5AB6B, [5AAB6B]*2, 5AAAB 214A, [5C6B]*2, 2AA2B22C
- ~7900 dmg. Absolute hardest variation, that doesn't work against some characters (UNTESTED). Generally best to go with the more reliable one above.
KD - Knockdown
VB - Variable
| Frames | Frame Advantage | Attack | Total | Startup | On Hit | On Block | Notes Throws and Reflectors --------------------------------------- 5AB | 25 | 5 | KD | - | jAB | 23 | 3 | KD | - | 5BC | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | 2BC | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | jBC | 16 | 6 | KD | +3 | Normals --------------------------------------- 5A | 15 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 2A | 15 | 4 | 0 | 0 | c5B | 20 | 5 | 0 | -2 | f5B | 26 | 7 | -4 | -6 | 2B | 26 | 7 | -4 | -6 | c5C | 25 | 6 | +0 | -4 | c5[C] | | | +4 | +0 | f5C | 36 | 12 | KD | -9 | f5[C] | | | KD | 0 | 2C | 33 | 8 | KD | -10 | 2[C] | | | KD | -8 | j.A | 19 | 4 | -4 | -4 | j.B | 24 | 5 | VB | VB | j.C | 26 | 7 | VB | VB | Command Normals --------------------------------------- 6B | 28 | 13 | -4 | -4 | 4C | 42 | 27 | KD | 0 | Specials --------------------------------------- 236+A | 46 | 11 | -5 | -9 | 236+B | 46 | 19 | -13 | -1 | 236+C | 46 | 27 | +11 | +7 | 214+A | 48 | 7 | KD | | 214+B | 50 | 7 | KD | -12 | 214+C | 50 | 7 | KD | -12 | 22+A | 42 | 5 | KD | -16 | 22+B | 46 | 9 | KD | -12 | 22+C | 50 | 13 | KD | -8 | EX and Level 3 --------------------------------------- 236+B+C | 26 | 9 | +25 | +21 | 214+B+C | 88 | 4 | KD | | 22+B+C | 108 | 9 | KD | -18 | A+B+C | 16 | 6 | | | superflash 60F
- The term Adler, the German word for the bird of prey "eagle", is both the last name of many people and an emblematic bird (notably in heraldry, bannistics, numismatics etc.) featured on many blazons since the feudal age, including the Nazi flag and the present German Bundeswappen and at times on the flags of Austria and Germany. (from Wikipedia article)
- Ahnenerbe was a real Nazi-era government study group that billed itself as a "study society for Intellectual Ancient History". It was developed to research the anthropological and cultural history of the Aryan race, and later lent itself to experimentation and voyages intent on proving that prehistoric and mythological Nordic populations had once ruled the world. (from Wikipedia article)
- Agartha is a legendary city that is said to reside in the Earth's core. It is related to the Hollow Earth theory and is a popular subject in Esotericism. (further reading)