|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Arcana Heart 3/AH3/Mei-Fang
Mei-fang definitely stands out among the rest of the characters. She doesn't have normal chains and a very angular set of special moves. It's as if she is the Arcana Heart version of Fei-Long from Super Turbo. Mei-Fang's generally straight-forward combos can lead to very high damage.
1 - Homing Approach
Mei-Fang can either use JE which has 3 hit and pops opponent in the air or JC which gives a lot of hitstun to easily follow with a huge combo.
2 - Neutral Spacing
Many of Mei-Fang's normals can be used very well to space. 5C has good range and not that much recovery for a heavy move. 6B is air unblockable and is used to catch jump-ins.
3 - Hit Confirms
2/5A comes out pretty fast and can be linked into itself. Again, 6B is air unblockable. So use this to confirm into combos.
4 - Defense
By using 421A/B/C, Mei-Fang will do an invincible back flip. This move can be canceled into a special move to cut down recovery.
Several Arcana can go with Mei-Fang. The popular choice increase her damage and combo potential.
Mei-Fang's default Arcana. This Arcana is great all around for her. The explosion super(236236E) is great for combo enders and even sometimes reversals. 236E in the air or on the ground is good for spacing. Another good ender is 641236E, as it makes to opponent stay there for a little bit. This can be followed up with a knockdown. Using Extend Force with this Arcana during a combo and then using her rekka loops allows for amazing damage due to the EF property of Fire being added explosions to every hit.
- 5B > 2C > 236B > 236A >[link]5A > 6B > Air Combo (j.A > j.E(2 hits) > djc > jB > jC > super)
- Does not work from 2A/5A/J.C hit confirm due to being able to tech before the 6B.
- 5B > 2C > 236B > 236A > [link]5A > [jc] > J.E(1) > [jc] > [ASAP]3D > J.E [land] > [HJ] > J.B > J.E(2) > [jc] > J.C > Ender (41236 A or B, 41236AB)
- No gauge combo due to the jump-cancel after the first J.E (Homing Canceling the J.E does work too!). Does not work from 2A/5A/J.C hit confirm due to being able to tech before the 5A link. The follow-up after the hyper-jump can be used for general air combo pick-up situations.
- (2A) > (5B/2B) > 5C > 236B/C > 236C > 236B > [EFC] > 66 5C > 236C > 236C > 236A > 66 5C > 236C > 236C > 236A > 66 2C
- General Rekka loop. Can extend with certain Arcana's (i.e Time), or will not work at all with certain Arcana's (i.e Fire).
- You have enough time to summon projectiles after the 2C and still be able to get in.
- 2A > 2B > 2C > 236B > 236A > 214214E > 5A > J.A > J.C > [NHC] > J.C > [land] > [step] > 5A > J.A > J.B > J.C > 236E > J.B > [jc] > J.C > J.236 or J.236236E
- 2A > 5B > 5C > 236C > [EFC] > 5C > 214E > J.A > J.C > J.E > [jc] > J.B > J.C > J.214AB
- 214A/B > [EFC] > 5A > 6B > 5C > [jc] > J.B > J.C > J.E > [jc] > J.B > J.C > J.214AB
- Ridiculous damage
- 2A/5A > 5B > 5C > 236C > 236A > 236B > EFC > 5C > 236C > 236A > 236A > 5C > 236C > 236C > 236A > [dash]5C > 236C > 236C > 236B > 236236E > Whatever
- Rekka loop ending in time super to add more damage/set out a meaty time orb(236E)/okizeme.
- 6B > J.C > [jc] > 5D > J.C > 5B > 5C > EFC > IAD J.C > 5C > 6C > 5C > 6C > 236236E > Whatever
- Corner only, meterless (You may NHC the first J.C if you want to waste a bar) 6C loop that ends in a similar situation to the rekka loop. Can be confirmed from CH J.C's that are low to the ground too!
- CH 2C > 236B > 5A > 5B > 5C > [EFC] > IAD J.C > 5C > 6C > 5C > 6C > 236236E > Whatever
- Corner-only CH combo into the 6C loop described above for when you're feeling psychic.
- 2C > 236B > 236A > [EFC] > [dash] > 6B > IAD > J.B > J.E(1) > [land] > [HJ] > J.A > J.B > J.E(2) > J.A > J.B > [jc] > J.A > J.B > J.C > 41236AB
- Basic EFC combo that utilizes Halo's HJ to get some extra damage. The air combo portion can change depending on your opponent's size; practicing the matchups in training mode is recommended.
- 2C > 236B > 236A > [EFC] > [dash] > 5B > 6C > [dash] > 5C > 6C > 623E > 5D > J.B > J.E(2) > [jc] > J.C > J.214AB
- Halo EFC combo that uses a mini 6C loop into Mildred's launcher. Your opponent gets launched fairly high in the air allowing for J.214AB to get decent damage. Only works in the range of exact midscreen to corner, will not work if your back is in the corner.
While crouching, Mei does a downward angled thrust with her hand. Good start up and links into 4A, 5B, 2B or 6B.
Standing forward hand-thrust, jump cancellable, hits mid. Super fast start up and links into 4A, 5B, 2B or 6B much like 2A.
Mei leans back a hit, and does a small sweep at her opponents feet with her foot, hits low. Her attack foot has clash on it. Very lenient starting prorate on this move, start combos with it whenever you can. Easily combos into 5B, 2B or 6B on hit.
Mei thrusts both arms out while crouching, like a tiger shot without plasma, hits mid. Good bit of frames on this if it is blocked, good for staggers. There is some clash on this around her arm, but its not useful for actively trying to clash with something, not recommended for kind of aggressive usage. On hit, you can link this into anything 5C and down.
Mei attacks with both palms, hits mid. Good plus frames on block, less than 2B though. Has clash around her arm as well. On hit, you can link this into anything 5E and down.
A high diagonal kick, similar to Bison's standing roundhouse. Jump cancellable and air unblockable. While the start up is a bit slow, there is clash and the reach is decent, so you can use it as an anti air. This normal is also one of Mei-Fang's few normals in AH3 that can chain into her 5B and down.
Scoops, a sweep at the opponents feet with an out reached hand. Good reach and her profile is extremely low during this.
Mei takes a big strep forward and does a strong, forward punch with good reach. Also has clash. For some reason it has less start up than 5B. Also can be jump cancelled into for followup pressure.
After a slight pause, Mei does a very low twin palm strike. Slow, but has the best reach out of Mei-fang's normals. this also reflects projectiles straight forward.
From a crouching position, Mei throws both hands up saying "Yo Hou", similar to Yun's SA1 from SF3. She has clash on this move: first in front of her, then from about her shoulder down to her exposed foot.
Mini Tetsuzankou (shoulder charge, similar to Yun's), Mei turns around and moves forward to hit the opponent with her shoulder. She has clash from around her shoulder to her torso. Travels extremely far if held. Wallslams on hit.
Mei thrusts her her elbow out. Decent start up so use it for combos and air-to-air pokes.
A high kick in mid air. The hitbox extends all the way to the end of her foot, so its useful to hit opponents above you.
A slightly downward angled flying side kick. Good jump in move with very good hitstun. If you land this, expect to be able to followup with a beefy combo.
"Renkatai!" two rising forward kicks (similar to Jam's jumping Dust move in Guilty Gear), a rare jump cancellable E move. This floats the opponent upward so you can follow it up in the air or land and re-jump for a ground hit.
|Byakko Houken 「白虎崩虔」 - 214ABC
|Seiryuu Kouzan 「青龍亢山」 - 623ABC
|Genbu Toujin 「玄武踏陣」 - 236ABC
|Suzaku Hourin 「朱雀宝輪」 - J1236ABC
|Chikatsu Tenshin 「地克転身」 - 421ABC
|Shisei Oudou 「四聖王道」 - 214A+B
|Tenbu Senshou 「天部仙掌」 - J1236A+B
|Kaiten Enbu 「廻天炎舞」 - J214A+B
|Kirin Kougeki 「麒麟靠撃」 - 623A+B
|Daihou Senkou 「大炮殲光」 - 632146A+B
|Houou Hougeki 「鳳凰崩戟」 - 623A+B
|Houou Hougeki Funha 「鳳凰崩戟 噴破」 - 236236236A+B
2. Noel Vermillion
5. ...I'm thinking "Dragonball Z"
7. Hatsune Miku
11. Hsien-Ko/Lei Lei (Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior series)