|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Art of Fighting 3/Controls
7 8 9 4 5 6 A B C D 1 2 3
The 9-point numerical direction system refers to the directions in which your pad or stick can be moved, with 7 8 9 being up left, up, and up right, 4 5 6 being left, neutral, and right, and 1 2 3 being down left, down, and down right. Thus 236 is qcf (quarter circle forward).
- 5A - Standing A
- 2A - Crouching A, or a standing 2A for some characters like Ryo
- 6A - Forwards A
- 3A - Down+forwards A
- 2A xx - Indicates a special cancel.
- FC 2A - Indicates a Full Crouching state, for characters like Ryo
- A - Punch
- B - Kick
- C - Strong Attack
- D - Taunt
- 66 - Forwards dash
- 44 - Backdash
- 7, 8, or 9 - Jump
- Tap 7, 8, or 9 instead of holding it - Short hop
- Throw - 6C
- Parry - 4C
- OTG Attack - 3A OR 3B, while opponent is on the ground
- Spirit Charge - Hold any button
- Tech/Recovery - Rotate stick 360 degrees
- While we are not completely sure yet, we find the following method makes teching the most consistent: If you're facing right, rotate stick clockwise, or if you're facing left, rotate stick counterclockwise.