|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Moves and combos are notated with a combination of letters and numbers, known as Numpad notation. The game has 4 buttons: A, B, C and D.
Here are the directional inputs possible in the game:
Here are the same directional inputs represented with a numpad. Normally, the numpad notation always assumes your character is facing to the right. 5 represents the neutral position, and 6 the direction your character is facing (forward).
With this model, both motion inputs and buttons can be represented at the same time.
A, B, and C correspond to weak, medium, and heavy attacks respectively.
The D button functions as a dodge, but has several uses depending on the situation.
On the ground:
- 5D: Assuming you're facing right, make you sidestep to the left.
- 2D: Assuming you're facing right, make you sidestep to the right.
There are several button combinations in this game:
- Press B+C to throw.
- Press A+B+C to activate your Command Spell.
- Press A+B to swap between your Master and your Servant.
- Press 2A+B or 6A+B to use an Assist.
- To block, hold backward. You'll then block connecting attacks.
- You can't block in the air.
- Holding back (4) will set you into a standing block position. It will make you block high and mid attacks, but not low attacks.
- Holding down-back (1) will set you into a crouching block position. It will make you block low and mid attacks, but not high attacks.
- Press up (8) to do a neutral jump. You'll jump straight up, with no drifting options.
- Press up-forward or up-back (9/7) to do a forward or backward jump.
- Double tap forward or backward (66/44) to dash forward or backward. Grants you access to dash attacks.
- Servants, Bazett and Kirei have access to an air dash. Press 66/44 to air dash.
- Ground tech: When knocked down, you can roll forward or backward by pressing/holding 6 or 4 respectively. Do neither to wake up in place.
- Air tech: When hit in the air, you can press D to recover once the hitstun ends. If you are holding left or right, you'll tech left or right.