Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax/DFC/Shizuo Heiwajima
Originally from the light novel Durarara!! Shizuo Heiwajima is the notorious bodyguard for debt collector, Tom Tanaka. Armed with a short fuse, incredible strength, and barbaric fighting skills(namely through the use of unorthodox weapons i.e vending machines, road signs, etc), Shizuo is acclaimed as the strongest fighter in the Ikebukuro district. Shizuo is surprisingly not a fan of violence, but when provoked, his body will instinctively resort to fighting. Underneath his rough exterior, Shizuo worries about his incredible power which stems from childhood experiences where people feared him for it, leading him to be alienated or mistakenly hurting those he cared for. Shizuo is often seen chasing his rival, Izaya Orihara, as they both share an unnaturally strong disdain for one another. This rivalry often ends with Izaya running away while Shizuo chases screaming the infamous “IZAYA!” while pursuing.
While Shizuo is regarded as one of the weakest characters in the game, he is more than capable of turning the tides with his very straightforward approach i.e getting as much damage off of his BnB into his 41236B+C Climax Art. His combos are very simplistic yet very damaging if he has the meter. Shizuo has good normals to poke with, start combos with, or punish an unguarded assist call. He also has good aerials, with j.B being a really strong air to air with good range and j.C being a good crossup attack. Shizuo has a full screen projectile with various trajectories to cover the opposing approach. Unfortunately, Shizuo’s answer to okizeme pressure is very weak. His 2A+B is incredibly risky to use as it can be blocked even if properly countered. If whiffed, Shizuo is open to be attacked, as it cannot be canceled into anything. His command grab is average at best, so it relies on the ingenuity and cleverness of the player. It can be comboed into, however, it tosses the enemy away from Shizuo, forcing him to chase. Overall, he’s a fun character but has his work cut out for him in a lot of the matchups.
- Has very simple BnBs that lead to very strong damage.
- Has many normals with good range.
- Untechable command grab can catch unsuspecting opponents off guard.
- Has a very weak 2A+B as a reversal and is overall weak to okizeme.
- Is very underwhelming without at least 2 bars of meter.
- Most matchups are against his favor.
Izaya - 5S easily sets up Shizuo for getting easy Climax Art enders. Counter also intimidates players into pushing buttons, which can open command grab pressure.
Enju - Strong combo potential. Can easily be confirmed into his main damaging combo.
Kojou - 5S in neutral can help cover Shizuo's approach. 6S is really strong. The duration of it allows for a Shizuo to fit in many extra attacks before ending with Climax Art. Another assist that easily sets up him.
Universal Potential: Increases damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds when health falls under 30%. If behind in rounds won, increases damage dealt by 20% instead.
Character Potential: Be hit with attacks 20 times to decrease damage received by 10% for 10 seconds.
L = Low, H = High, A = Air
JC = Jump Cancel, SC = Support Cancel, EX = EX Cancel
ISC = Impact Skill Cancel, TCC = Trump Card Cancel, CAC = Climax Art Cancel
Startup includes the first active frame.
|YOU CAN’T RUN!
|WHAT WAS THAT!
6C or 4C
I’LL SQUASH YOU!
|PISSING ME OFF!
|KILL KILL KILL KILL!
- 2A 5B 2C - 1101 dmg
- Basic 1-2-3 chain, grants hard knockdown.
- 2A 5B 214A - 1466 dmg
- Short combo into hard knockdown for more damage, but harder to confirm.
- 2A 5B 5C 5A+B - 1759 dmg
- Higher damage confirm, knocks the opponent away and leaves them open to air tech.
- 2A 5B 5C 5A+B Burst 5[C] - 2069 dmg
- Similar to the above combo, knocks them away, using a burst to launch and gain meter.
- 2A 5B 5C 5A+B Burst dash 5B j.A j.B dj.A j.C j.236A - 2527 dmg
- High damage meterless confirm. Leaves opponent in the air above you. Because Shizuo does not have strong ground-to-air options, it may be difficult to deal with an opponent in this position.
- 4A+B follow-up j.A j.B dj.A j.C j.236A - 2157 dmg
- Same combo, only off the universal overhead launcher.
- 2A 5B 5C 5A+B 214AB - 1 bar, 2388 dmg
- Quick, easy confirm into knockdown anywhere on the screen. Keep in mind you must cancel into the grab before the last hit of 5A+B.
Assist Character 1
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 5D > etc
- Notes about this particular combo
Assist Character 2
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 6D > etc
- Notes about this particular combo
|Color 1||Color 2||Color 3||Color 4|
|Color 5||Color 6||Color 7||Color 8|
|Color 9||Color 10||Color 11||Color 12|
|Color 13||Color 14|