|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax/DFCI/Selvaria Bles
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Move List
- 4 Combos
- 5 Punishes, matchups, mixup, oki, etc. (placeholder)
- 6 Colors
One of the Drei Stern and fiercely loyal to Maximillian. With the blood of ancient Valkyria and armed with her ragnite shield and lance, she is a warrior to be feared.
A guest character from the SEGA video game Valkyria Chronicles.
Selvaria is a heavy hitter character that oppresses her opponents with large normals into devastating damage. While not particularly quick, her teleports allow her to quickly traverse the battlefield and rush the opponent. Her 236X series has built-in teleport follow-ups and her 214X series are combo extenders as well as teleports with situational use and have a built-in high/low mix-up (214B/214C) to keep opponents on their toes. Unique to Selvaria is her 41236BC Climax Art has a surprise built-in homing function, meaning there is some potential to raw punish Blasts in this fashion.
- Excellent air normals with good coverage of her surroundings
- Ability to convert into high-end damage with relative ease
- Red Trump Card is a full-screen machine gun barrage that can punish careless foes
- Surprisingly versatile specials to elicit and gauge reactions from opponents
- Poor escape options when under pressure
- Generally poor synergy with assists, except for Dokuro-chan
- Requires resources to be particularly threatening
- Some difficulty against traditional zoner characters
Dokuro - Dokuro-chan is both a powerful neutral tool and a damaging combo extender. 5S is DFCI's greatest anti-air, covering the entire vertical space two character lengths in front of you. This is perfect for catching jump-outs on your offense, and clipping jump-happy opponents on your defense. 6S is a full-screen projectile. By far the preferred combination.
Rusian - Rusian can easily overwhelm opponents with 6S Monster Train and completely control the pace of the match. During Monster Train, Selvaria can run her teleport mix-up game with relative safety. 5S is a counter move with a huge trigger box in case the foe gets a little too close.
Iriya - 5S gives you a plate projectile to use for setplay or to help you close in on opponents. 6S is a moped that can be used to punish Blasts or whiffed attacks and force out air options from the foe. Plates give Emi consistent setplay opportunities from hard knockdown, making Emi a more constant threat outside of Trump Mode.
Universal Potential: Increases damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds when health falls under 30%. If behind in rounds won, increases damage dealt by 20% instead.
Character Potential: Use 1 Trump Card for Support Cast Level 2 for 20 seconds. Can be activated once a round.
L = Low, H = High, A = Air
JC = Jump Cancel, SC = Support Cancel, EX = EX Cancel
ISC = Impact Skill Cancel, TCC = Trump Card Cancel, CAC = Climax Art Cancel
Startup includes the first active frame.
|Remaining Shadow (MAX)
|Remaining Shadow (Air Version)
|(In the air) Air Raid
Hold 7A+C while knocked down in final round
6C or 4C
Special Exclusive Gun Use: Ruhm
|War Dance of Valkyria
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 214B = 1679
- Basic meterless combo to knockdown using 214B.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 214C = 1841
- Basic meterless combo to 214C. Max 5A dmg without using any resources.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 214C > j236A+B = 2141
- Basic 1-bar 5A combo to EX Air Raid to get an advantageous knockdown or combo to super.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C = 3647
- 5A solo combo to Flash Line.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4019
- 3-bar + 1 Trump stock solo combo from 5A.
- Trump Card Active
- 5A > 2C > 5C > jA > jB > djB > djC > j214C = 2203
- Basic meterless solo Trump Card route from 5A. Your solo midscreen Trump Card options are kinda crappy in terms of confirm options, so I would reccomend exploring combos with support cancel instead of putting a lot of time into these.
- 5A > 2C > 5[C] > 5B > jA > jB > djB > djC > j214C = 2492
- Advanced meterless midscreen route. Doable midscreen, but very iffy. This route seems much better suited for the corner, where 5B will keep you closer for better filler.
- 5A > 2C > 5[C] > 5B > jA > jB > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4678
- DON'T DO THIS! This is just included as a benchmark to help you optimize much better combos with support cancels. If you have the time and ability to master this crappy, unoptimized Trump Card combo, you have the time and ability to learn much better -- and probably easier -- combos using your assists. Doing solo Trump Card combos with anybody is a waste -- learn how to get your assist involved!
- 5B > 5C > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4034
- 3-bar + 1 Trump solo power punish from 5B.
- 5B (anti-air) > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 1831
- Meterless anti-air 5B BnB.
- 5B (anti-air) > jA > jB > djB > djC > j214C = 1709
- Alternate confirm for awkward high heights. Less damage but more consistent.
- 5B (anti-air) > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B = 2116
- 1-bar anti-air BnB. Higher in the air, the risk of being too high to link EX Air Raid increases. Use j214C > j214A+B as an alternate ender in that case.
- 5B (anti-air) > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 3994
- 3 bars + 1 Trump anti-air conversion.
- 2B > 5C > 214C = 1705
- Basic combo from a close-range 2B hit. The routes are better if you hit 2B from farther out like so:
- 2B > 2C > 214A > 5A > 5B > jA > jB > jA > jB > j214C = 2219
- Combo from max-range 2B hit. The spacing makes the 214A > 5A link much easier than usual. However, the earlier you hit 214A (you can delay the cancel slightly), the more difficult height management becomes. This confirm is very consistent at any height from which you hit the link. This combo is good to know for a basic confirm, but focus on learning routes with support cancels like Alicia for even bigger damage. (See the assist combos section below.)
- 5C > A+C = 3155
- Max damage combo to Trump Card activation. Any other normals (including 5[C]) will scale the damage to less than raw A+C (3009).
- jC (air counter hit) > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 1944
- Hit-confirm from random air-to-air counter jC.
- 4A+B > A/B/C > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 2197
- Meterless BnB from universal overhead.
- 4A+B > A/B/C > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C > Combo Blast > 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4674
- Requires Combo Blast, 3 stocks, 1 Trump. Solo meter dump from universal overhead.
- jB > j214B > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 2298
- Meterless combo from jB to B Remaining Shadow (air) wallbounce.
- jB > j214B > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4472
- 3-bar, 1-Trump corner wallbounce conversion.
- jC > j214B > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 2448
- Meterless combo from jC to B Remaining Shadow (air) wallbounce.
- jC > j214B > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4616
- 3-bar, 1-Trump corner wallbounce conversion.
- Throw(2) > (OTG) 2A > 2B > 2C = 1292
- OTG combo. Not worth it unless the opponent is pixels from death.
- Throw(2) > 214A+B = 1593
- Solo throw combo. Sel almost always has better 1-bar routes from a support cancel.
- Throw(2) > 214A+B > 41236B+C = 3099
- Solo throw combo to Flash Line. Like all solo throw combos, avoid unless you KNOW they'll kill the opponent.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > Power Up Blast = 2202
- 5A combo to Power Up Blast.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C = 2770
- 1-bar 5A combo.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B = 3070
- 2-bar 5A combo to EX Air Raid knockdown.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C = 4576
- Basic 4-bar meter dump combo if you need a non-Trump kill combo that won't drop.
- 5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4948
- Pops a Trump Card stock for extra damage from Flash Line.
- 5A (anti-air) > 5B > 2A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4850
- Meter dump from 5A > 5B anti-air confirm. May be inconsistent if opponent is high up, in which case use 5[C] to continue your combo after the grenade.
- 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5136
- 4-bar + 1 Trump from 5B starter. Power punish combo.
- 5B (anti-air) > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4961
- 4-bar + 1 Trump conversion from anti-air 5B.
- 5B (anti-air) > 2A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4948
- Alternate anti-air combo to the one above. Less damage, but may be easier to confirm at weird heights and distances.
- 2B > 2C > 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > 5S > jB > jC > jB > jC > j214C = 2937
- Works at max 2B range. 214A > 5A link is very easy at that range.
- 2B > 2C > 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > 5S > jB > jC > jB > jC > j214C = 2980
- Alternate 1-bar combo. Slightly more damage, but less carry and a less ideal air tech position.
- 2B > 2C > 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > 5S > 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5158
- 4 bars, 1 Trump stock.
- jB > jC > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5110
- 4-bar + 1 Trump combo from jB > jC on standing opponent. Superior damage and more consistent than doing jB > jC > etc after the grenade hit.
- jC > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > dash > jB > jC > jB > jC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5198
- 4-bar + 1 Trump combo from jC. Works on standing or crouching. For slightly less damage (5186) and more consistency on smaller characters, you can do this alternate ender after 5S: 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C
- 4A+B > A/B/C > 4/6S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C > (assist hits) > 5[C] > 214C = 2353
- No timing necessary, just pound 4/6S as soon as the overhead launcher hits.
- 4A+B > A/B/C > 4/6S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C > (assist hits) > 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4636
- Dumping meter into the above combo. Not ideal, but it'll do.
- 5S (hit) > 5B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 2816
- Basic combo from raw grenade hit.
- 4/6S (hit) > jB > jC > djB > djC > j214C = 2685
- Basic combo from raw 4/6S hit.
- jC > j214B > 5B > 5C > 5A+B(1) > 5S > 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5278
- 4-stock, 1-Trump corner conversion from B Remaining Shadow (air) wallbounce.
- Throw(1) > 5S > Power Up Blast = 1459
- Throw combo to Power Up Blast.
- Throw(1) > 5S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C = 1939
- 1-bar throw combo.
- Throw(1) > 5S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B = 2239
- 2-bar throw combo to EX Air Raid.
- Throw(1) > 5S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C = 3745
- 4-bar throw combo.
Punishes, matchups, mixup, oki, etc. (placeholder)
- The first and most important thing to learn in this matchup is how to safe jump KYH's 2A+B. The counter is active from the frame 1, but it does not freeze your character in the air, is ground blockable, and the counterattack itself has a few frames of startup. This means that you can safe jump this move, most effectively with a late jC (either front or back will work). This is most preferably done from a hard knockdown (such as from EX Air Raid), but you can also pull it off at neutral if you are confident that KYH will not attempt to anti-air you if you attack late from your jump. If you can do this consistently against a counter-happy KYH, you will get many opportunities for very nasty power punishes.
- You can also mash Combo Blast to beat a KYH 2A+B that you accidentally activated. Whether or not you want to burn your Blast to do so is up to you. This does not work if the counter absorbed an A+B attack.
- If you activate KYH's 2A+B with a very early jB while high in the air, you can jump cancel to avoid the counter. This is a relatively rare occurrence for Selvaria, though, whose double jump game is lacking compared to other characters. But if you think/know you can do it, jump-cancel straight upward, and come down with a jC, from which you can get a full punish if timed properly.
- If the KYH player is unwise and keeps committing to full blockstrings on block (so as just to push you away with Piercer), then pushblock goes a long way. Pushblocking a normal that leads to a whiffed 5B, 5C, or Death By Piercing(A) will frequently result in a big opening for 5C > combo or War Dance (63214B+C).
- In general, you get better rewards if you pushblock earlier in a string. Aim to pushblock a 5B in hopes of getting a whiffed 5C for best results. But if you think the opponent will stop their string at 5B, pushblocking the A normal that precedes it can also get you a whiff punish using 5C > combo.
- Punishing KYH's 214A > A on block is impossible with Selvaria. Punishing 214A > B on block is only slightly more doable if you get lucky and pushblock a C normal preceding it so that the last hit whiffs, and reaction to that situation is prohibitively hard (hard to see whether Sel left blockstun due to the Stand swishing around). But for 214A > C, where she teleports, you can confirm that you're blocking the slashes and start pounding 5B to immediately attack as soon as you leave blockstun. Even if you don't win the exchange, you can at least trade yourself out of the situation. (You can also just backdash the followup attack if you really don't want to trade. You won't get away from KYH, but you won't get hit, either.)
- 5C (blocked)
- 5C > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 3914 (range dependent)
- 5C > Alicia 5S > 214B > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5092 (works from longer distances)
- 5C (whiffed)
- 5C (counter) > 236B > 236A+B > 63214B+C A+C = 3148 (please don't do this)
- 5C (counter) > A+C = 3155 (do this instead!)
- 5C (counter) 41236B+C A+C = 3659
- 2A+B (blocked)
- 5B > whatever
- 2B > whatever (better damage from solo routes, but inferior damage compared to 5B routes with Alicia)
- 2A+B (activated)
- absorbed attack > mash Combo Blast > combo (does not work from 5A+B or 2A+B)
- Any non-A normal (absorbed) > late chain 5A+B(1) (armor activates) > Alicia 5S > combo (works only from raw B or C normals. A normals cannot late chain properly. Must late chain properly; mashing A+B will not get the proper timing to "parry" the counter.)
- Power Up Blast (activates counter) > 5B > whatever (potentially monster damage with Alicia, as you will be in Power Up mode. Works with air Power Up Blast as well, so long as you Blast below the peak of Sel's jump. Timing can be tight.)
- 236A (normal) (blocked)
- Note: These punishes only work if 236A is not spaced out properly. If KYH does ABC > Piercer, you can punish. But if she does 2A 2A ABC > Piercer, 5C and War Dance cannot punish. You can avoid this problem by pushblocking the 5C, making the Piercer whiff (midscreen) and allowing you to punish if KYH did the A version. If she did the C version, it will be blocked, and you will be unable to punish.
- 63214B+C A+C = 3430
- 5C > 41236B+C A+C = 3659
- 236A (normal) (whiffed)
- 63124B+C A+C = 3430
- 2C (counter) > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 3886 (inside Piercer's maximum range, i.e. you duck it and sweep the Stand/Persona/w/e)
- 2C (counter) > late cancel 214A > 5A > jA > jB > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4311 (works only at longer 2C range to get maximum untech time by hitting late with 214A. The special cancel to 214A must also be slightly delayed.)
- 5A+B(1) (armor activates) > Alicia 5S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4681 (in the rare event you successfully parry Piercer AND react to it)
- 2C (counter) > late cancel 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > Alicia 5S > jB > jC > djB > djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5182 (slightly easier and MUCH more damaging than the solo version of this punish!)
- 236B (normal) (blocked)
- See 236A (blocked) punishes
- j236X (blocked)
- A+C = 3009
- 63214B+C A+C = 3430
- 5[C] > 214C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 4207 (unlikely, requires very close block in order to reach)
- dash > 5B > whatever (requires a similarly close block to the above; if you're at the range where dash 5B would reach, a whiff punish with 5B may be more likely and is certainly easier)
- 63214B+C (blocked)
- A+C (maximum range, may air hit for less damage without proper timing)
- (ground blocked, point-blank) 5B > whatever (see combos section for big mean ones)
- (air blocked, about midscreen) j214A > jC > 5B > whatever
- 63214B+C (whiffed)
- 63214B+C > block (at mid-range, when activated on reaction to random super, will go through the first few bullets, but won't be able to hit KYH because she's invulnerable. However, Selvaria will be able to block the rest of the super and be perfectly positioned for a 5B combo afterwards.)
|Color 1||Color 2||Color 3||Color 4|
|Color 5||Color 6||Color 7||Color 8|
|Color 9||Color 10||Color 11||Color 12|
|Color 13||Color 14||Color 15||Color 16|
|Color 17||Color 18||Color 19||Color 20|
|Color 21||Color 22||Color 23||Color 24|