Mizuumi Wiki is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Dual Souls: The Last Bearer
|Dual Souls: The Last Bearer|
Rollback netcode, delay-based netcode (optional)
|Ranked matches, casual lobby matches|
|Official Youtube Channel|
|Brazilian Discord Server|
Dual Souls: The Last Bearer is an indie 2D Fighting Game developed and published by Stun Games. It's the third entry in the "Dual Blades" series, and it's actually a remake/updated re-release of Slashers: The Power Battle. It was released in 2021 after a lengthy EA period, and is being constantly updated with new modes, balance changes, new characters and more. It takes heavy inspiration from the Guilty Gear and Samurai Shodown series.
The base roster consists of 11 characters (10 unique character + an alternate version of one), with more characters planned as free DLC. Ever since its original inception as Slashers, the game was designed for ease of input and mobile accessibility in mind:
- Touchpad-Friendly Layout: The game consist of 4 buttons: Slash (SL), Big Slash (BS), Kick (K) and Power (PW). With special actions being a combination of these two (ex: SL+BS is recovery), it makes it more palatable for mobile users.
- Easier Inputs: Motions consist of quarter-circle, half-circle (only Andre), back and forward, down down, down up, etc. There are no DP or other more complicated motions, and super are executed with a single motion + PW.
The game plays like a traditional grounded fighter ala SamSho, but a little faster, with a heavy combo focus. The Recovery system is similar to GG's Roman Cancels.
- Defensive Grounded Fighter: Most normals are minus, which forces you to capitalize on mistakes. Jumps are high and fairly slow, and there's no universal mobility besides grounded dashes.
- Combo Focused: Almost every move can lead to or be used in a combo, and the game actively encourages them through the Recovery system and higher hitstun on crouchers.
- Parries: Called Block in this game, parries cost a portion of your meter and play an animation that leave you in counter-hit state at the end, turning them into high-risk, high-reward actions.
- Combos: A majority of the combos are link or cancel based, and can easily lead to very high damage amounts, specially when combined with the universal overhead.
- Power Selection System: Before each match, you may select one of two Blue Powers (supers).
|In Progress / Completed||To-do|