|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Eternal Fighter Zero/Training Mode
Default Practice Mode Keys
These keys were provided by default in EFZ.
- F4: Turns on automatic health and meter recovery. Holding the key lets you fine tune the amount of IC meter both players have and stay at. Works in vs Player mode.
- F5: Pressing it once turns on automatic health and meter recovery. Pressing it again will reduce both players health to 1/3. Pressing it a third time will turn off the auto recovery. Works in vs Player mode.
- F6: Cycles between the practice dummy's state: standing -> jumping -> crouching -> standing. (Practice Mode Only)
- F7: Will make the practice dummy block any attack in their current state. (e.g. A crouching dummy will block all lows, but no overheads.) (Practice Mode Only)
- F8: Pauses / unpauses the game.
EFZ Revival Keys
EFZ Revival comes with many useful features such as savestates, input recording, or frame stepping to allow for more advanced practice set-ups.
For a comprehensive video on how to make use of the practice options, see Fireseal's EFZ Revival Practice Tutorial
TO ACCESS THESE FEATURES, YOU MUST LAUNCH THE GAME VIA EFZREVIVAL.EXE AND SELECT "REPLAY" OR "VS HUMAN". JUST LAUNCHING THE EFZ.EXE OR CHOOSING PRACTICE IN THE MAIN MENU WILL NOT MAKE ANY OF THE KEYS MENTIONED BELOW WORK!
- Common ("Replay" and "VS Human")
- SPACE: Pauses / unpauses the game.
- Numpad 0: Switch players.
- Home: Toggle collision boxes.
- Page Up: Toggle hitboxes.
- Page Down: Toggle hurtboxes.
- P: Advance the game by one frame. Also pauses the game.
- In Replay mode, stepping one frame at a time is a good way to figure out just what happened during a particularly wacky moment!
- Enter: Toggle display.
- Savestates ("Replay" and "VS Human")
- G: Saves the game state.
- B: Loads the game state.
- In Replay mode, this lets you jump back to a particular moment and have the Replay start from there again!
- Game speed settings ("Replay" and "VS Human")
- INS: Increases the FPS by 16.
- DEL: Decreases the FPS by 16.
- END: Resets the FPS.
- The minimum FPS is 1, which you will achieve by pressing the Decrease FPS button 4 times.
- Input recording ("VS Human" only)
- H: Starts / stops recording inputs for the practice dummy.
- N: Starts / stops the recorded inputs.
- LCTRL: Changes the starting condition for the recorded inputs.
- 1 - 5: Will set the buffer you want to record in.
- 0: Will randomly choose buffer 1-5 during replay.
You may change the keybinds by editing the efzrevival.ini file.
Recording Function Examples
How to make the dummy air tech:
- Make sure to start EFZ with Revival.
- Go to Vs Human.
- Press Left Ctrl until UI says When: Tech.
- Press H to record. The UI will say What: Record Wait.
- Now attack the dummy in a way that will launch it into the air.
- You will gain control of the enemy when they regain control after the juggle, when you do hold a direction and input any button to make them tech.
- Now press N to replay your recording. The UI will say What: Replay Wait.
- Now anytime you launch the dummy, they'll attempt to air tech if it's possible!