Archetype:Earth (aka Hime) is the full extent of Arcueid's power as brought out by Crimson Moon, the progenitor of all vampires. She's the strongest character in the lore, and might just be the strongest character in the game; with her massive attacks, extremely fast walk, and unique flight mechanic, she has incredible space control and incredible mixup. Hime can transition seamlessly between footsies, pure zoning, and rushdown, and her extremely potent circuit breaking arc drive leaves the opponent out of options and out of luck. Every version of Hime is extremely strong.
Stage: good morning, anima mundi
BGM: Princess' Aria of Blessed Beginnings (開闢を讃う姫歌, Kaibyaku wo Tatau Hime Uta)
- C-Hime boasts manual-detonate wind mines, enabling ambiguous and threatening pressure, mixup extensions, and unique damaging combo routes. It also serves as an additional space control tool similar to other characters who can hold things out on the field.
- As a crescent character, she's good at gaining meter and gets to keep 100 when sealing the enemy meter with arc drive.
- Because she has so many safe options in many situations, C-Hime is the most versatile of the Himes in neutral. While she lacks the specialized strengths of the H and F versions, she's a solid high-tier character.
- H-Hime's flow is defined by her version of wind mines, which blow up on their own after a brief delay. Because she can't pick and choose when to detonate them, her pressure is less ambiguous than C's and you can't threaten frame traps everywhere, but not having to enter an animation to detonate them means you can be doing other things while they go off. She can reset pressure safely and easily with automatic wind detonate, and her mixup is the scariest of any Hime's, being able to combo meterlessly off of her instant overhead and even her throw with the right setup.
- She's one of the better characters at taking advantage of H-Moon's strengths, but she's still held back by it; lack of held shield and EX guard make Hime's already lackluster defense even weaker, and no blood heat means she can only ever do the weaker (but still very good) regular arc drive.
- While her defense is poor, she has the highest ability of the Himes to to keep the opponent locked down and under constant threat. She's a solid rushdown character and a clear top tier.
- F-Hime trades away her wind specials, low 2C, and far j.B for a reverse far geyser to convert with from afar, an untechable groundbouncing j.[C] to gain consistency and let you land mid-combo, and a somewhat vertically wide 2C that stabilizes hitconfirms and gets meterless knockdowns. Her pressure is weaker than other himes and she has fewer strong neutral pokes, but any hit in almost any situation can turn into a full combo into a setup meterless if you know the right conversion.
- Because she does not need to spend meter to get advantageous knockdowns, she's can make full use of Hime's terrifying five-way flight mixup as okizeme that the other Himes can't always threaten with. This also frees her up to spend more meter in neutral to force the opponent into bad situations without sacrificing the potential for followups.
- Between the utility of a good shield counter on a character like her, the ability to force the opponent to come into your waiting arms with meter charge, and regaining all red life with blood heat activate or initiative heat every time you set up a combo into arc drive, even the normally slightly weaker F-Moon mechanics synergize beautifully with Hime's kit.
- With dominant space control, powerful setups, and plenty of ways to force the opponent to play by your rules, F-Hime is universally considered one of the best characters in the game.
- ↑ This is just an attempt at translating the name of the song, as there is no official English title for this song.