Len is a familiar with the ability to manipulate dreams, created from infusing the leftover thoughts of a deceased human girl into the body of a dead cat. As such, she is capable of shifting between the forms of a black cat and a young human girl.
In Melty Blood, Len is a neutral-heavy character that abuses her amazing air normals (especially j.C) to bully the opponent into submission. Although she can be sluggish on the ground, all of her moons boast strong options to make the opponent block and she rarely has trouble getting her pressure started. Her cat form is great at low-profiling air approaches and in general her hurtboxes can be very frustrating for the opponent. Her main weakness is losing momentum - although she has great setplay and mixups herself, she has extremely poor options to stave off the opponent's assault, and foes who can restrict her air movement will find that Len is one of the easier characters to run over in Melty Blood once things start going south.
Stage: Hologram Summer
BGM: Stray Cat
- The all-rounder moon with a deep bag of tricks, sporting a robust but less focused toolkit.
- She has versatile teleports that can feign her movements, mix up the opponent or even just move her around the screen.
- She also has consistent access to her strong EX moves, Arc Drive and Heat thanks to her high meter gain.
- Crescent Moon mechanics (such as her surprisingly good heat) give her a significant defensive edge over the other Lens, which goes a long way toward making her feel less volatile.
- The version of Len with stronger tools for approach and pressure to make up for worse Half Moon defensive mechanics and meter.
- Her main strengths are her air icicle that preserves her momentum and longer airdash for strong neutral and 5a6aa series that improves her pressure greatly.
- More momentum-driven and volatile than the other Lens due to her stronger offense-oriented kit.
- Still boasts a strong neutral game with typical Len tools like her cat summons and air buttons, but also with her unique air icicle.
- Full has the best ground game of the three and the highest damage ceiling, with even her simplest BnBs doing enormous damage.
- Her “Doritos” allow you some space control and breathing room against projectile zoners but their main focus is to allow you to gain amazing damage off of any confirms, even midscreen throws. EX Dorito is Aegis Reflector.
- Her corner setplay with doritos also affords you some nasty mix-ups if done correctly, especially since doritos placed behind enemies will scooch them forward, making F-Len one of the few characters with a true “corner crossup”.
- Also the only Len with a real projectile, and although linear it’s quite useful.
- Very neutral centric, even by Len standards, and her mixups are generally much weaker than her other moons without significant setup, though the payoff on hit is well worth the extra struggle.