A joke character that could mean real business if she ever gets in. Neco Arc specializes in punishing techs with huge damage. Crescent is by far the best moon and there's no situation to use half or full moon over crescent as they lack too much. All three moons have 63214C, which on a successful hit, forces both you and the opponent to have all directional inputs flipped (down becomes up, left becomes right, etc.) for a short period of time. For opponents not familiar with the situation, this character is a true menace.
Stage: Great Cats Village
BGM: GCV 2005
- The only one you really want to play, as the rest of the moons are missing key tools without anything to make up for it.
- Legitimately no range, but once she gets in, it might be over. She has good situations off her combos, especially in the corner.
- Her 421C super is interesting as it doesn't have a hitbox and can be used to canceled into from specials to reduce their end lag to make yourself safe or combo, can be used to react to options and has a chance to randomly summon an air-unblockable Hime air pillar than can be confirmed from.
- You lose Warc's air blood rings and the 421C in exchange for the universal Half Moon 5A6AA series, a long j.C that stretches diagonally downwards and an air version of the laser beam series.
- Having j.2C with the range it has is very convenient, however losing 421C and blood rings is difficult. The air lasers may seem good and they fill the same niche as cresent's j.236B. However cresent's j.236A doesn't stop Neco in mid air, which gives Neco a mixup of where they'll be to anti-air when using bloodring, which doesn't exist in half moon.
- Additionally, Neco loses j.236C to combo from and to. As j.236C ender gives very good hard knockdown, it's definitely missed here.
- 5A is also slower, but generally not significant.
- Half moon ends up being a general downgrade of cresent, enough so to be probably not be viable.
- This moon has a special air dash where Neco Arc rockets either forward or back, at the cost of the other moons's ability to airdash stall. Generally good.
- This moon is also missing 421C, which isn't as big a loss since this moon doesn't have 236B, but is still a notable loss.
- Loses ground laser series in exchange for air laser, where once the special is inputted, Neco jumps up and performs air laser. Very slow and losing 236B is a big loss.
- Her j.C is similar to Half’s but goes upward and becomes an unusually good air-to-air.
- The change to 5C to be a large ground move can be good for ground-to-ground interactions, but lowers combo damage. j.B is also larger, but in a way that doesn't add to neutral in the way that the 5C changes do and is slower in a way that also notcieably lowers combo damage.
- She trades the ability to burrow behind the opponent when in the corner for a single spot or advancing burrow that immerges with a hitbox. This isn't very strong however as they have long startups with no real mix. The only version that can be said to have mix is 214B as an ambiguous crossup, but needs a specific knockdown in midscreen and it doesn't combo even if it hits.
- Along with half moon, full moon is much weaker than cresent in a way that makes full probably not viable.