Melty Blood's dedicated "rekka" character. Ryougi is generally considered to be anywhere from the upper middle to the weaker end of Melty's roster, but still more than capable. Ryougi has good long-ranged normals, and in all of her moons her rekka series is a simple, powerful way to apply pressure, confirm combos, and control space.
Unfortunately, besides taking a huge risk on a parry, Ryougi generally has very poor defensive options, even with meter, and must always be working to stay in control at a good range lest she get overwhelmed. If they get in or whiff punish one of your big sweeping normals, she can die in a flash.
Great frame trap pressure with long strings, and she’s got some pretty quick air movement to keep opponents afraid of getting counterhit by her air normals.
Stage (Actress Again): ...and nothing heart
BGM: Boundary of Emptiness
Stage (Current Code): ONE LIFE,ONE DEATE
BGM: O-Sutra Hit
- Has a unique "Genei Jin" super and the most unblockable attacks.
- Good high damage confirms with meter and great ability to confirm hits
- Nice selection of knowledge checks and gimmicks to catch the opponent off guard
- The only Ryougi moon with an air-actionable j.A, and also the only moon with a proper jump-in.
- The worst ground normals for neutral of the three moons, but her air game is one of the best across the whole cast.
- The knife toss moon, boasting three separate special moves that require her to manage her knife.
- Only moon with knife auto-pickup, all you have to do is crouch on top of knife, further strengthening the utility of 22X. She can also catch it mid-air. This alters her aerial momentum, gives her access to unique movement options (such as cancelling her airdash early) as well as enabling potent setplay.
- Strongest blockstrings with great normals (improved from C), but can't really enforce a mixup during it that isnt strike/throw.
- The only moon lacking unblockable attacks.
- A 1f plus on block projectile super. EX Knife Toss is a do-it-all tool with many applications both on offense and defense.
- Has the best okizeme of the three moons, boasting plenty of left/right mixups and even 3-way mixups in the corner.
- Very execution-heavy character (debatably second hardest in the game), with lots of technical loops and character specific nuance. A difficult yet stylish character overall.
- The parry and rekka moon. Has an extra set of improved parries on 623X.
- Good rekka followups, as well as simple powerful normals that can really control space. Certain rekka follow-ups can be charged to create frame traps and guarantee frame advantage.
- Has an extremely fast and far-reaching stepdash instead of a run like the other two moons.
- Best ground game of the three moons by a long shot. 5B is a potent anti-air, and 2B is almost anti-neutral.
- The most straightforward moon, this is a great character for beginning players due to her simple and powerful gameplan.
2) White Kimono (Remaining Sense of Pain)
4) Shiki Ryougi (The First Homicide Inquiry)
5) SHIKI Ryougi (The First Homicide Inquiry)
6) Reien Girl's Academy Uniform (Oblivion Recording)
8) Red Kimono (The First Homicide Inquiry)
26) Tomoe Enjo (Paradox Spiral)