Sion is the main character of Melty Blood. She originally came to Shiki's town in order to find the cure for vampire-ism and defeat the Night of Walachia once and for all. In Actress Again, she is responsible for the reenactment of Walachia.
Sion is a high-execution, high-reward character across all moon styles. Her greatest strengths are present in her numerous ways to maintain herself in her opponent's face, forcing untechable knockdowns with her 214A whip, present in all moons. Okizeme is important with her; you do NOT want to lose momentum.
Stage: Artificial Eden
- This style is very similar to her Act Cadenza counterpart in move set.
- Mainly having an “in your face” style of play, she is a solid rushdown character having plenty of offensive and defensive options plus a few zoning tools.
- Her strong offense lies in her pressure game, easy circuit breaks, and whip combos that cannot be circuit sparked.
- However, her high damage combos are easy to drop, her attacks lack range, and her mix-ups are weak.
- Half-moon style has to be Sion's strongest when it comes to rushdown.
- She has very strong pressure once in and can be rather scary when you're blocking her due to lots of throw setups as well as two seperate overheads.
- She can also get away with trying to zone a little using her 236A/B gunshots, either of which on counterhit lead into fat damage combos.
- This is Sion's less used style. The inability to Reverse Beat makes her not as effective at rushdown, however her normals are given increased range, making her neutral game better.
- This Sion has a slow command grab which looks like Sion's run. It can be used as a meaty because it's active for a long time. It avoids most 2A, and even some reversals.
- Like with all other Full-moon characters, almost all of her moves are plus on block; frame traps are common when using this style, and will probably be your most frequent source of damage.
29) Shikieiki Yamaxanadu