Ougon Musou Kyoku/Touch
The Touch gauge is the crescent bars on the bottom corners of the screen. When the bar is full, you can use "Touch" whenever you want by pressing the Touch button during different situations. After using Touch, it only takes a couple of seconds before it completely recharges and you can use Touch again. There are 5 different types of Touch techniques that you can use during a match.
- Executed by pressing the Touch button in a condition where your character is not taking any action other than moving or standing. Your current character performs an animation for about 2 seconds before switching with their partner, activating the exiting character's ability for a certain amount of time.
- It takes 3 seconds for the touch gauge to refill after a Normal Touch, and it removes roughly 50% of the current Break Limit.
- Upon successfully using a Normal Touch, your recoverable health will be restored instantly.
- While the coming character is tagging in, they can perform either an aerial normal or an aerial special move during the switch animation while they in the air.
- Executed by pressing the Touch button in the middle of a connecting attack.
- Attack Touch can be used to created longer and more damaging combos with both of your characters.
- It takes 6 seconds for the Touch gauge to refill after an Attack Touch, and it removes roughly 25% of the current Break Limit.
- Attack Touching applies a flat rate to your combo scaling, reducing any further damage dealt to 80%.
- The attack touch hit can be cancelled into a special move when it connects.
- Executed by pressing the Touch button when your character is blocking. It requires 1 bar from your partner's SP gauge.
- A Guard Touch will cause your opponent to stagger while you switch places with your partner. Letting yourself become Guard Broken is very dangerous, so you can make use of these to stop your opponent's rushdown and reestablish neutral ground.
- It takes 9 seconds for the Touch gauge to refill after a Guard Touch, and it removes roughly 50% of the current Break Limit.
- In patch x.xx, Guard Touch was split to be two different touches - Normal Guard Touch and Knockback Guard Touch. To perform the stronger knock-back version of Guard Touch, block an attack, press forward while blocking and press the Touch button. If done successfully, the opponent will flash red as they are knocked back. Attacking the opponent during the stun frames of the stronger knock-back applies a flat rate to your damage scaling, reducing any damage dealt to 70%.
- Performing a Guard Touch against an airborne opponent launches them backwards into the air in an air-techable state.
- Executed by pressing the Touch button when your character is in hitstun while receiving damage. It requires 2 bars from your partner's SP gauge.
- Damage Touch will blow your opponent away from you with a burst-like animation, then switch your partner in.
- It takes 15 seconds for the Touch gauge to refill after a Damage Touch, and it removes roughly 50% of the current Break Limit.
- The Damage Touch will not deplete the Touch gauge unless the character successfully switches out.
- Every Damage Touch will hit after 20 frames. To bait it, use attacks that recover faster than 20 frames.
- Executed by inputting the command 236D or 6D in Princess Mode. It requires 2 bars from your partner's SP gauge. Your character will rush towards the opponent; you will have full body invincibility during the animation. On hit, you will trip the opponent and then switch with your partner, giving them the exiting character's ability for a certain period of time.
- It takes roughly 15 seconds for the Touch gauge to refill after an Assault Touch, and it removes roughly 50% of the current Break Limit.