|Chaos Code: Next Episode of Xtreme Tempest|
|FKD Twitter (english)|
Originally announced at Toushinsai 2017 with more trailers shown at FKDCup 2018 and Evo Japan 2020, Chaos Code N.E.X.T. was canceled in 2020 following the passing of one of the primary developers, Michael Lin. While active development has not fully resumed, the game is being worked on with demo builds playable at events as of 2022. There is no slated release date or release platforms.
New features in N.E.X.T. compared to NSC include:
- Chaos Shift being given its own meter, which builds up over time and can be used to cancel special moves as well as supers
- Destruction Chaos/Level 3 supers draining the opponent's Shift gauge and auto filling the user's
- 3 currently revealed new characters: Gou, a biker with a tokusatsu inspired fighting style, and 2 unnamed characters shown in the first two trailers
- Kagari has been significantly reworked, with a whole new moveset
- All characters have gotten some kind of new move or moves, and many have gotten sprite/animation upgrades
- Superjump cancels can now be preformed with just an up input
- Dash attacks can now be done out of a forward Step
- Backdash gains more invulnerability and travels less far if Step is chosen over Run
Following the conclusion of New Sign of Catastrophe, the Next Episode of Xtreme Tempest has begun.
|In Progress / Completed||To-do|