|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire
|Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire|
|Frame Data Spreadsheets|
Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire is a 1995 arcade fighting game developed by Kaneko. It is the sequel to The Kung-Fu Master Jackie Chan. Fists of Fire features nine characters, including three versions of Jackie Chan from his various movies. The game uses digitized graphics similar to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter: The Movie.
Fists of Fire's gameplay is notable for its chaotic pace, despite being almost entirely ground-based. It features fast cancellable dashes, high damage chain combos, and powerful throws that strongly favor offensive play. The neutral game primarily focuses on fast short and mid-range buttons; all standard projectiles were changed or removed to compensate for the fact that jumps would be too slow to navigate past them.
The community plays on Fightcade 2. More info can be found by joining the Discord in the info box.
There are 4 regional versions of Fists of Fire, all of which are accessible from the arcade board's service menu. (video)
- USA/Europe: The "default" version for the purpose of comparison and the version that is used in Fightcade.
- Japan: Adds a copyright warning at the beginning, but otherwise identical.
- Southeast Asia (SEA): Jackie Chan speaks Chinese in the voiceover. Otherwise, it is identical to the USA/Europe version.
- Korea: Uses the SEA voiceover, and uses different defense multipliers and guts scaling numbers that result in higher damage.
- -This difference applies regardless of which damage setting is chosen in the game configuration.
- -Also, the Kaneko logo is changed to KA + a picture of a cat (a pun referencing "Neko", the Japanese word for "cat")
|In Progress / Completed||To-do|