Hisui is a well-rounded rushdown character. She controls her own space well, but excels when up close and running her strong strike/throw game against the opponent.
|Pick if you like||Avoid if you dislike|
A quiet, yet deeply affectionate maid
A maid for the Tohno family, responsible for household chores (except cooking) and taking care of Shiki. She is Kohaku's younger twin.
Unlike her sister, she is known for wearing more modern, non-traditional clothing.
Her quiet nature makes her true feelings difficult to read,
and her formal way of speaking has led Shiki to see her as being rather mechanical. Her fighting skills are not quite on the same level as her sister, but she holds her own well enough.
Duster, Frying Pan, Ladle, Spatula, Furniture
Blood Type: B
Birthday: March 12
Voiced by: Kana Ichinose
- Moon Skills
- 6B+C - Sturdy Ladle (Air OK)
- 3B+C - Pardon Me
- 4B+C - Watch Your Step
- 2B+C - Well-Deserved Rest
- Special Attacks
- 236A/B/C (EX OK) - Sturdy Ladle (Air OK): Advancing attack
- > A/B/C - Additional input
- 623A/B/C (EX OK) - Pardon Me: Anti-air/space control tool
- 214A/B/C (EX OK) - Watch Your Step: Projectiles
- 22A/B/C (EX OK) - Well-Deserved Rest: Setplay trap
- j.236A/B/C (EX OK) - Sturdy Ladle
- Arc Drive
- 236B+C - Hisui Dark Punch
- Last Arc
- A+B+C+D / D in Blood Heat - Tohno Blade - Shramana Tree
- Unique Attacks
- 6C>C>C, 3C, 4B, j.2C, j.B>j.2B
- Blowback Edge Moves
- 5[C], 4[B], j.[C], 2[B+C], 236[B+C]
HP Value: 11,700 (Average)
- 1-10 Full Invul - 1-14 Strike Invul - 15-19 Projectile/Air Invul - 5-25 Airborne - 34 Total
Dash startup: 4
Dash actionable: 5
Jump startup: 4
Jump airtime: 37
- Basic 5-frame jab.
- Whiff cancels available from frame 10 onwards (frame 10 is the first frame of the whiff cancelled move).
- Very fast for a B normal.
- Tiny range.
- Hits twice with a big hitbox.
Hisui moves forward a bit and swings a chair at the opponent. To add more damage to a combo, let both hits connect with opponent before cancelling.
- Hits three times.
- Easily catches most backdashes.
- Lots of clash frames.
- 5-frame low.
- Whiff cancels available from frame 10 onwards (frame 10 is the first frame of the whiff cancelled move).
- Hits low.
- Somewhat low-profile.
- Great range for its speed.
- Fast mixup tool.
- Generous upwards hitbox.
Hisui pokes upward with her book. Hisui's best rising anti-air and high air-to-air normal.
- Causes a techable knockdown.
- Hits mid.
- Parenthesized damage is damage dealt if j.B and j.2B both hit.
- Hisui's strongest jump-in.
Hisui summons a table from nowhere and slams it downwards. Mostly used in combos but it's also pretty fast if done from an IAD.
|20||5||until landing||-||-||Clash 16-19|
- Gains clash frames.
- Ground bounces on hit.
- Cannot reverse beat during this chain, but can cancel into specials.
Hisui swings her frying pan upwards. Has a large vertical hitbox.
- Can be delayed as a frame trap.
Hisui swings her frying pan downwards with some forward momentum. This is usually where you will cancel the chain into Dust or Ladle during combos.
- Can also be delayed as a frame trap.
- Cancels into supers, but not specials.
- Very low damage on hit.
Hisui pulls out a watering can to water the opponent. Does not see much use because it cannot be converted into a combo at the ranges where it would be relevant. On defense, if you are trying to catch an IAD with 5B, make sure to stop holding backwards or else you'll get this move instead.
|200, 200||LH, U||-||-||-||-|
- Two hits with a sizable gap.
|11||until landing||6L||-||+5 (TK)||-|
- Hits mid.
Rapid Beat 1
3C / Rapid Beat 2
- Universal launcher. Has a pretty decent hitbox.
- Invulnerable to air attacks starting from frame 5.
- Rapid Beat version has major forward movement, allowing Hisui to stay closer to her opponent while using special moves in pressure.
|4 (+ dash)||3||19 (whiff)||-||+57||-|
- Universal throw.
- Causes hard knockdown.
|1||3||until landing + 12||-||-||-|
- Universal air combo ender.
- Pretty comparable to the B version.
Hisui lunges forward with rapid ladle strikes. The main difference between A and B version is that A will lunge immediately at the opponent, very important tool in your bnb's and confirming off hits since the lunge allows you to get close the opponent.
- Has a longer delay than the A version.
- Has more hits but deals the same damage as the A version.
Hisui lunges even further than the A version. B version pause a bit before lunging at the opponent farther. Necessary to confirm off of longer ranged hits.
|160*9, 580 (1796)||LH||-||-||-||-|
- Launches if 3C has not already been used.
Hisui flies forward a considerable distance with rapid strikes before launching the opponent.
- Doesn't count against your 3C launcher.
|9||18||19||45||-4||Clash 1-7 (MD)|
- Lots of clash frames and a good reversal in Moon Drive.
- No follow-up, but links into 5B on hit.
- Very active, but not as active as her other setplay tools.
Hisui dusts in front of her, creating a small dust cloud. Dust persists for a moment after use, creating a temporary hitbox the opponent can run into. Sees little use on oki or in neutral, as bento and item throw are typically stronger, but can be used in pressure to limit the opponent's options.
- Very active pre-emptive anti-air.
Hisui dusts the air above her, creating a small dust cloud. Good at catching jump-ins. Can get a full combo on hit.
- Very plus on block, excellent for pressure resets.
- Vacuums opponents towards Hisui at certain spacings.
|8||-||26||34||-||Clash 1-5 (MD)|
- Lasts considerably longer that 623A/B.
Watch Your Step
Hisui throws household objects at her opponent. The player can influence what Hisui throws by holding a direction immediately after the initial input. If the player does not follow-up an additional directional input, the object thrown is random.
- : A slow moving Lamp that travels in a straight line.
- : A Pot that arcs upwards at a very high angle. This is good against catching jump ins, but will not catch people who IAD underneath it.
- : A Vase that travels a little past the half way point on the screen before hitting the floor.
- : A Book that travels about a third of the screen before hitting the floor. Advantageous on block when slightly spaced.
- Random only: A Tray that travels horizontally across the screen. This is Hisui's fastest projectile.
- Random only: A Coat Hanger that moves slower than tray, but faster than the lamp.
Knocks down on hit even from very high up, giving enough advantage for Hisui to run up and meaty with a button.
Hisui throws 2 of the same projectiles as the A version at the cost of a longer start-up time. It can be punished by other strong projectiles but makes up for it with versatility. Makes for a strong pressure tool when spaced, since it's advantageous on block and relatively safe against shield. You get random objects if you don't select an input afterward.
- : Pot and Book. At mid range or in the corner, this is good for both pressuring grounded opponents and stopping jump-ins. Be careful though since the opponent can IAD over the book and under the pot.
- : Vase and Lamp. This covers a decent amount of horizontal space.
- : Vase and Hanger. Same as above, but with a faster projectile.
- : Tray and Book. This is your fastest moving consistent projectile if you need to poke someone at full screen. Quite advantageous on block when slightly spaced.
Skill Bonus still lets this knock down on hit from most heights, even though it's two projectiles instead of just one.
- Throws 5 random objects from the above versions.
In addition to their regular properties, every single projectile leads into hard knockdown, making it a fantastic combo ender to go into guaranteed bento oki. Also gives you a safe heat if used as a combo ender but keep in mind you lose bento oki.
|11||-||22||32||0 (minimum)||Clash 1-9 (MD)|
- Has the same startup as 214A, but throws three projeciles.
- Item pool is the same as meterless verions.
- Plus on block outside of point blank, some items moreso than others.
Hisui rapidly throws three random objects at the opponent. Just like the meterless versions, holding a direction after the input will choose the set of projectiles Hisui throws. Inputting the directional follow-ups is very tricky since you have less time to buffer the input and takes some practice to perform consistently.
- Disappears when Hisui is hit, but not when she blocks.
- Activation is delayed from when it's set.
Hisui puts out a bento lunch for the opponent that explodes on contact. Hisui's main oki tool post hard knockdown. Takes a moment to activate, allowing you to run up and throw the opponent if they try to shield it or block, but you can also try to IAD j.A for a fast overhead or run up with a button. The explosion launches them briefly into the air allowing you to combo. You can stack these, but they can all be shielded at once. Makes for a very funny anti-air if someone jumps at Hisui with a bento in front of her.
- Same as the A version, except it travels a set distance before activating.
Hisui puts out a bento that somehow flies across the ground. Unlike previous games, these will stop at the corner and not fly off the screen. Using this version after 214C or j.236C outside of the corner will usually slide the bento directly on top of the opponent. Midscreen after a throw, the bento will land behind the opponent which catches backdashes as they will land right into it. You can typically run in and go for a mix-up.
|600, 960*3 (1877)||LH||-||-||-||-|
- The table has an additional hit as it is set.
- Stackable, but limited to two.
- If used in the corner, most of the table falls off screen.
|400, 1400 (1800)||LH||-||-||-||-|
|14||4||18||35||-1||Clash 1-11 (MD)|
- Hits once before the mat lands.
Not as useful as the normal bentos in terms of oki, but synergizes well with the rest of her kit. She can use this in 623C mix-up to neutral jump and go for mix-ups from there. A common example of this is 623C -> (wait) 2C -> 2BC -> 8, an example can be found here: https://youtu.be/DNTbPgfo4gc?t=50.
|21||4||15||39||+2||Clash 1-11 (MD)|
- Hits once before the mats land.
- If used in the corner, both bento boxes are stacked at the edge of the screen.
Sturdy Ladle (air)
|11||21||until landing + 4||-||+10 (TK)||-|
- Allows Hisui to easily confirm air-to-air hits into a full combo
- Air combo extender.
Hisui does a small hop forward and rapidly strikes at her opponent. Immediately changes your momentum, allowing you to be tricky with your movements and catch people trying to follow you after an aerial dash backwards. If blocked in the air, will drag the opponent all the way to the ground and leave Hisui plus. It can be TK'ed to leave you plus in pressure but most of the time it's better to go for an IAD. On hit it leads to an easy confirm.
|18||21||until landing + 4||-||+12 (TK)||-|
- Used more often in BnBs than j.236A.
Nearly identical to the A version, but jumps slightly higher and delays longer. Easier to connect after j.2C, so you'll be using this more. Jump cancellable on hit.
|4+6||21||until landing + 4||-||+1 (TK)||-|
- Does not jump forward like the A/B versions.
- Instantly changes your momentum.
- Safe on block.
|12||21||until landing + 4||-||+10 (TK)||-|
Hisui Dark Punch
|1+11||-||-||-||-2 (minimum)||All 1-13|
Hisui lunges forward and throws a giant fireball at the opponent.
- Fully invincible on startup, but not for very many of the active frames.
- Will trade with faster projectiles, which is unfortunate.
|400*9, 700 (4300)||LH||-||-||-||-|
Hisui briefly delays and empowers her fireball before throwing it.
- Deals less damage per hit, but almost double the number of hits overall.
- Situationally useful to extend invincibility.
Tohno Blade - Shramana Tree
|4800 [4800 ~ 6960 in BH]||LH||-||-||-||-|
Standard last arc, albeit a completely different one from other titles. Looks really cool.
- You can combo into this off of EX Dust due to the multi-hit stun. If you have Moon Drive, you can combo into this off of the launcher on 236A/B.
Hisui Wiki Roadmap
Hisui & Kohaku Wiki Roadmap