|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
Acceleration of Suguri 2/Sumika
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Overview
- 3 Normal Moves
- 4 Hyper Attacks
Sumika thinks Sumika's move names are the bestest of all!
Sumika is the final boss character of aos2, her gimmick is a mix of both Star Breaker and Himes. Having standard projectiles that follow the same color rules as Himes and her feathers which apply debuffs following the color rules of Star Breaker.
Sumika has a huge combo game with potentially very big damage but needs a lot of commitment to pull any of these due to having some of the longest attack animations in the game. This mixed with her relying on sitting at least at midrange to be any sort of actual threat to her opponent can cause her quite a bit of trouble against characters with quick attacks.
Similarly to Hime Sumika also has very lackluster ways to deal with ballistics which can cause her to also struggle quite a bit with characters who have a strong ballistic game going for them.
Sumika's difficulty mainly just stems from learning her combos and knowing when and how to engage, she isn't the most difficult character to get behind but also not the easiest putting her somewhere in the middle.
Sumika Pretty Swords
- WA [Direct]
- Damage: 120x(2/4/6)
- Fires up to three waves of swords depending on the length the button is held. Each wave is placed further from Sumika. Ignores other projectiles. Can be dash canceled early. Pretty much identical to Hime WA.
Sumika Feather Fantasy
- Dash + WA [Beam]
- Damage: 150xn (blue lasers), 100xn (red lasers)
- Consumes no ammo. Sumika fires feathers from her wings toward the opponent, which then fire a single laser before returning to Sumika. Oddly enough, a single laser will not cause hitstun; two or more laser hits are required to stun an opponent. This probably exists to lessen its usefulness as a defensive move, as feathers can easily shoot the opponent midcombo.
Sumika Heartful Arrows
- Press WB [Direct]
- Damage: 120xn
- Spawns dozens of bows behind Sumika, which fire arrows. Nearly identical to Hime's WB. Interestingly, will not stun unless three or more arrows hit.
- Hold WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 200xn (ranged), 55xn (point blank)
- Sumika tosses eight marbles, four to her left, four to her right. Fairly similar to Saki's Maracas Napalm. Just like Maracas Napalm, the marbles are much stronger at a distance than they are point-blank.
Sumika Shiny Feathers
- Press SP + WA [Melee]
- Damage: 150xn
- consumes no ammo. Sumika's feathers fly from her wings and stab at the opponent. On hit, blue feathers drain meter, red feathers add heat. If a feather misses, it will stay on the field momentarily before returning to Sumika.
Sumika Happy Barrel
- Press SP + WB [Ballistic]
- Damage: 300
- Sumika lobs a large whitish orb. If the opponent comes in contact with it, they are trapped inside momentarily before the orb explodes. Holding Up or Down during input will influence the trajectory of the barrel. Though a very devastating attack, the high ammo consumption (read: all of it) and low speed of the projectile make it difficult to properly utilize.
Hyper A: Sumika Mystic Blast
- Execution: WA + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 50xn (max 13?)
- Two orbs of light appear in front of Sumika and fire lasers while spiraling outward. Sumika can move slowly while the lasers are firing, though she can't redirect the attack.
Hyper B1: Sumika Over-Limit
- Execution: Dash + Hyper
- Damage: 0
- Sumika sprouts a second set of wings, providing her with twice as many feathers to use. The feathers on the second set of wings disappear after being used for attacking five times.
Hyper B2: Sumika Feather Heaven
- Execution: Dash + Hyper (while Hyper B is in effect) [Beam (lasers), Direct (feathers)]
- Damage: Variable due to heat gain, appears to be about the same as Dash+WA and SP+WA
- Sumika instantly deploys all her feathers from every wing in a flurry of lasers and stabs. Does very high damage (2000+).
Hyper C: Sumika Tropical Balls
- Execution: WB + Hyper [Ballistic]
- Damage: 300xn
- Throws six beachballs that bounce off the sides of the arena. Beachballs target toward the opponent after each bounce.
Hyper C2: Sumika Coquettish Sword
- Execution: WB + Hyper (during SP+WB) [Direct]
- Damage: 60x21
- Identical to Hime's close-range Inviolability. Resets the detonation timer on SP+WB.
Hyper D: Sumika Angel Wing
- Execution: SP + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 130xn (max 14, usually 7)
- Same as Hime's Accel Hyper, except smaller and weaker.
Accel Hyper: Sumika Pretty Justice
- Execution: SP + WB + Hyper [Direct]
- Damage: 90xn
- Spread-out rotating lasers. Damage tends to not exceed 1200.
Accel Hyper 2: Sumika Eternal Feathers
- Execution: SP + WB + Hyper (while Hyper B is in effect) [Direct]
- Damage: 160x16
- Powered up version of Hyper B2.