|Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the Mizuumi Discord and follow the instructions in the welcome message.|
"A mysterious young boy who was standing stock-still above the rubble at the site of a large-scale cave-in incident in the Tibetan Tsangpo Canyon. A user of psychokinesis, he goes after the New Order of Knights Templar."
As the main character of the game, EN-Eins at first may seem like a shoto. However, he's much more rushdown and aggression in terms of playstyle. EN-Eins has good movement and quick frame data, with some of the easiest high damaging combos in the game. In addition, he builds meter very quickly, and has good tools for almost every situation you can think of. His only true weaknesses are his low defense, bad mixups, and lack of zoning capabilities. However, these can be countered with good play and by taking full advantage of his quick movement. This all comes together to create one of the strongest characters in the game, while also being one of the easiest to learn.
- Armor Ratio = 1.025 (Second lowest armor value)
- Forward Speed = 6.0 dots/F (Second fastest unbuffed value)
- Backwards Speed = 5.0 dots/F (Fastest unbuffed value)
- Jump Startup = 4F (Second slowest value)
- Backdash Duration = 23F (Fourth shortest value)
- Good movement, including a double jump that goes full screen
- Good frame data
- Builds meter quickly
- Tools for any situation
- High damage combos that are easy to combo into
- Easy to learn
- Very safe moves
- Cloned from God
- Can't outzone zoners
- Lower defensive values
- He's a sad boy
- Bad mix
All damage values below were tested on Akatsuki with 1.000 armor ratio, full life on both sides, and power level 0 (remember about "Health difference", "Guts", and "Power Level" systems)
ENテレポートアッパー - EN Teleport Upper
ENパイロキネシス - EN Pyrokinesis
ENレヴィスラッシャー - EN Levi-Slasher
ENテレポートレイダー - EN Teleport Raider
214+A/B/C/D > Same button > Same button
ENレヴィテイター - EN Levitator
22+A/B/C/D > A/B/C
ENサイコキネシス - EN Psychokinesis
ENエクスキューショナー - EN Executioner
EN-Eins has a very strong neutral, as his very good movement combined with fast, long ranged normals gives him very good footsies. His best normals in the neutral are 2B, 5B, and '5C', all of which have good range and good frame data. Having a projectile helps him out a lot too, as it allows him to apply pressure and cover an approach. Finally, 214A can be thrown out from time to time, as its completely safe on block, and leads to good damage if it hits. Good neutral with EN-Eins generally requires a good balance of his double jump, 2B, 5B, 214A, and 236X.
EN-Eins has a very strong combo game. EN-Eins has 4K-6K combos from any part of the screen, which normally end with 22D, which is untechable, leading to extra OTG damage and an assured oki situation. Making it even stronger is that, while he has his fair share of hard and complicated combos, you can very easily get by with his easier combos, as they still deal good damage and give an oki situation. His only weakness combo wise is that his meterless combos are relatively low damage. However, because meter builds up so fast in EE and EN-Eins is particularly good at building meter, he rarely doesn't have meter to burn. This gives him some of the best combo game in the cast, only being beaten by a few other characters like Sai and Adler who have good meterless combos.
EN-Eins, while not having great mix, has pretty good offensive pressure. A lot of EN-Eins' pressure comes from the fact that his block strings are completely unpunishable except in specific situations, since he can always end a block string with 214A, which is -3 on block, and he can't be hit by a frame 3 move since it pushes opponents too far away from him. This basically means that once he gets in, he can keep pressuring opponents repeatedly, and while his mix isn't the best, if someone's stuck blocking too long eventually they'll get hit by a 2B or a 214C if he decides to go for a mixup and eat a full combo. This makes his offensive, while certainly not the best, very strong in its own right.
EN-Eins doesn't have the greatest okizeme options, due to his mix not being particularly good. However, he can still mixup 2B and 214C on oki to make the opponent guess low or high, or just like any other character, he can go for a throw. More often though, EN-Eins players will mash 2As and then go into either 2B or 214C from there. Additionally, EN-Eins can just do a regular block string that's safe if he wants. Overall, this means his oki is one of his only weaker aspects, but its still alright.
EN-Eins has some very good reversal options, mainly due to his DP. EN-Eins' can do 22C on wakeup, and if it hits, he can do 236BC to convert into full combo. However, making this stronger is that if the opponent block the 22C, he can still do 236BC and it will be safe since 236BC is safe on block. Additionally, if you're too slow and you go into the air, then you can do j.236BC which is also safe on block. And if a player wants to, they can do A+B+C as a more risky reversal, although there's no good reason to do this. This all gives EN-Eins very strong and very safe reversal options, which adds to what makes him such a strong character.
Overall, EN-Eins is one of, if not the strongest character in the game, with very good neutral, very strong combos, ok mix, and very stroing reversal options. This makes it so that there's no aspect of gameplay EN-Eins is particularly bad at, and in addition to this, he's not that hard to play either.
On the A+B+D combos, the timing on activating Kanzen Sekai needs to be almost frame perfect in order to get the correct launch angle. Damage numbers are from the minimum required power level.
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > A (1787)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214B > B > B (1862)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214B > B > 236B (1776)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > C (1762)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > 22D > 22A > B (for cross-up) (3561)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214B > B > B > 214D (3383)
- 214C > C > C > 22BC > 22C > B (3885)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 236BC > 214A > A > 22D > 22A > B (for cross-up) (5003)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214B > B > B > A+B+C (4787)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 236BC > A+B+D > A+B+D (4115)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > 236BC > A+B+D > A+B+D (4115)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > A (2337)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 214B > B (1900)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > 22D > 22C > B (4066)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 214BC > 5A > 66X > j.A > j.B > j.C > 5A > 5A > 22C > 22D > 22C > B (when EN-Eins is in corner) (~4715)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 5A > 2A > 5AA > 2B > 214A > A > 22BC > 22C > B (4500)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 5A > 5BB > 236B > 2A > 2B > 22C > 22BC > 22C > B (4726)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 214BC > 5A > 5B > 236A > 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > 22BC > 22C > B (5384)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 214BC > 5A > j.A > j.B > j.C > 2A > 2A > 2B > 22C > 22BC > 22C > B (5581)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > 2A > 5B > 5BB > 214A > A > A+B+C (5109)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 236BC > A+B+D > 2A > A+B+D (4115)
- 5A > 5B > 5BB > 22C > 214BC > 22C > 236BC > A+B+D > 2B > A+B+D (when EN-Eins is in corner) (4867)
KD - Knockdown
VB - Variable
*UV - value(s) marked with "?" in the table is/are unverified
x~yF - a period from frame "x" till frame "y"
| Frames | Frame Advantage | Attack | Total | Startup | On Hit | On Block | Notes Throws and Reflectors --------------------------------------- 4/5/6+A+B | 32 | 5 | KD | -- | j.4/5/6+A+B | 25 | 4 | KD | -- | 5+B+C/D | 36 | 7 | KD | -2 | c.B+C/D | 36 | 7 | KD | N/A | j.B+C/D | 36 | 6 | KD | N/A | Normals --------------------------------------- 5A | 15 | 4 | +0 | +0 | 5AA | 19 | 4 | -3 | -3 | 5AAA | 25 | 7 | -1 | -3 | 5AAAA | 30 | 7 | KD | -7 | 5B | 26 | 7 | -3 | -5 | 5BB | 29 | 10 | -3 | -5 | 5BBB | 30 | 6 | KD | -8 | 5C | 31 | 10 | KD | -5 | 5CC | 54 | 23 | KD | -8 | c.A | 15 | 4 | +0 | +0 | c.B | 25 | 5 | -4 | -6 | c.C | 40 | 10 | KD | -14 | j.A | 15 | 4 | +0 | +0 | j.B | 24 | 6 | VB | VB | j.C | 21 | 9 | VB | VB | 66+A/B/C | 32 | 7 | KD | -10 | Command Normals --------------------------------------- 6C | 49 | 20 | KD | -13 | Specials --------------------------------------- 236+A | 45 | 10 | -5 | -9 | 236+B | 44 | 13 | -1 | -5 | 236+C | 61 | 16 | KD | -10 | j.236+A | 42 | 11 | VB | VB | 6F landing lag j.236+B | 44 | 13 | VB | VB | 6F landing lag j.236+C | 46 | 15 | VB | VB | 6F landing lag 214+A | 32 | 11 | KD | -3 | 214+A > A | VB | VB | VB | VB | 214+A > A > A | VB | VB | VB | VB | 214+B | 46 | 13 | KD | -17 | 214+B > B | VB | VB | VB | VB | 214+B > B > B | VB | VB | VB | VB | 214+C | 54 | 20 | KD | -18 | 22+A | 44 | 4 | KD | -25 | 3F invincible 22+B | 56 | 5 | KD | -36 | 4F invincible 22+C | 69 | 6 | KD | -48 | 5F invincible EX, Level 3, Kanzen Shinsatsu --------------------------------------- 236+D | 96 | 10 | KD | Safe | 0F invincible j.236+D | VB | 7 | KD | VB | 0F invincible, 6F landing lag 214+D | 37 | 11 | KD | -12 | 7F invincible 22+D | 67 | 5 | KD | -48 | 7F invincible A+B+C | 39 | 12 | KD | Safe | superflash ?F, 14F invincible A+B+D | 77 | 10 | KD | -34 | superflash ?F, 11F invincible
- Stylistically, many of EN-Eins' moves seem to be based off of Iori from the KoF series.
In the year 20XX AD in the Tibetan Tsangpo Canyon, there was a large-scale cave-in incident. There was only a young boy who stood above the rubble, his name was En-Eins. "This voice calling me... I have no choice but to go that place".
- VS Generic
Superhuman? (*1) No... We are nothing more than humans like all of you.
- VS Perfecti, Valkyria
God? Isn't it the culmination of isolation?
- First Interaction
Perfecti: Energeia Eins (*2), the "Form of God's Reality". How admirable of you to come. By taking the place of the legacy that sleeps here you will become God.
EN-Eins: Sorry to disappoint... I won't do as you wish.
- Second Interaction
Valkyria: EN-Eins... Why do you oppose the world that is to become yours?
EN-Eins: The archaic humans have certainly fulfilled their role... but that is not a pretext for their obliteration.
Valkyria: Such failure... well then, you shall be disposed right here together with the archaic humans. (*3)
EN-Eins: The New World, "Neuland"... The Gods legacy is sleeping below here. I am alone... all my brothers from the experiments are dead... At least I can live on with the remaining people.
EN-Eins crushed the permafrost and the incandescent magma poured underground.
- Translation Notes
- (*1) In his victory quote EN-Eins uses 超人 (choujin) (1) superman; (2) Übermensch (Nietzsche's ideal man of the future) . I used superhuman since EN-Eins explains that his kind is not above humanity (they're just an evolved form). But in Japanese there's the added reference to Nietzsche's Übermensch.
- (*2) Perfecti refers to EN-Eins as Energeia Ein. エネルゲイア = Energeia, from Aristotle's principles of Potentiality (δύναμις, dunamis) and Actuality (ενέργεια, energeia and ἐντελέχεια, entelecheia). 
- (*3) The term Valkyria uses to refer to humanity is 旧人 (kyuujin) paleo-anthropic man (e.g. Neanderthal) I felt it was too technical and used Archaic human as more general term.