Super Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4
|Super Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4|
Super Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4 (SCON4), alternatively known as Super Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 (SGNT4) or simply "Super", is a community patch for Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 (GNT4) for the Nintendo GameCube. SCON4 features numerous balance changes, added mechanics, new moves, English text translations, new stages, and quality of life improvements as compared to the original game. SCON4 began life as GNT4 Remix and GNT4 Remastered before being renamed in December, 2020 at the time of its version 1.0 release.
With the exception of Akamaru (who has been replaced with a Random Select button), the playable cast in SCON4 remains the same as in the Vanilla game. The main design direction for character balance in SCON4 is to create a varied, balanced environment by improving and diversifying the tools of the weaker characters while also introducing a small number of nerfs to oppressive strategies in the base game. Changes to mid and low tiers range from more subtle improvements of their Vanilla designs (see: Mizuki, Jiraiya and Neji) to more thorough re-works (see: Ino, Zabuza and Anko). The most egregious issues of the game were changed or removed, such as the removal of most unsubbable infinites, fixing major glitches (such as Neji/Awakened Hinata/Tsunade's freeze glitches), and no longer being able to use as a throw tech button.
Many other universal and quality-of-life changes have been implemented as well. Some notable changes include:
- Game boot skips intro cutscenes.
- All relevant menus (main/multiplayer/training mode/game HUDs) are translated to English.
- The accepted tournament ruleset (3 rounds to win a game & 90 second timer per round) is now set by default.
- The cursor in the Character Select Screen has been sped up, and stage size and shape is now visible for the highlighted stage on the Stage Selection Screen.
- Wake-up Kick (WUK) from Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 has been added.
- Smoother movement, such as the notoriously slow backflips being replaced with quick sliding backdashes, the run-stop animation being removed and running sidesteps tracking more aggressively towards the opponent, closer to the running sidestep in Revolution 3.
- Training Mode now has a record feature for labbing strings and counterplay, and a version of Training Mode with access to the debug menu is also readily accessible to check frame data, technical data, and coding details, as well as the use of frame-by-frame advance.
- Several stages have been added to SCON4: Silent Shrine (imported from Revolution 3), Tenchi Bridge (imported from Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! Special), Aquarium and Asian Gate (imported from Bloody Roar Extreme) and a custom stage in Uchiha Hideout.
|In Progress / Completed||To-do|