The hyper and cheery half of the Maids duo, Kohaku’s personality fits her playstyle as an aggressive, highly technical rushdown character with oppressive normals and some of Melty’s most disgusting setplay. With some of the best anti-jump normals in the game, arguably the best okizeme in the game with plants and molotovs, a powerful command grab, and decent damage in all of her moons, Kohaku (at least in C and H) is one of Melty’s most infamous top tiers and a great choice for anyone who loves brutal setplay.
Stage: Magical Kohaku Prison
- One of the best characters in the game.
- C-Kohaku can put plants on the screen that create some of the best and strongest okizeme setups of any character.
- Very fast and big normals for pressure, and the long range on her normals can make it difficult to find spaces to jump out of her blockstrings.
- Her plant okizeme is hard to disrespect or avoid. For most characters, it must be blocked honestly. Has a very strong setplay.
- Great strike/throw game with her command grab, especially with plants, and her combos are technical, but extremely damaging.
- Her only "problem" areas are using only C-Moon's mechanics for defense and high execution requirements to optimize combos, but outside of that, she's extremely strong overall.
- Arguably the best grappler in the game.
- Compared to Crescent, H-Kohaku sacrifices plant okizeme and some utility on her normals for the ability to combo off of her command grab for enormous damage, a great metered reversal, and bombs that can be used to set up tick throw situations.
- With huge damage off of any poke or command grab, H-Kohaku is a very threatening character when in close who can win off of only a few reads.
- One of the scariest characters in the game when she’s going to work, as the command grab skews the risk-reward of blocking greatly.
- Although she retains C’s plants and H’s command dash, F-Kohaku must give up significant damage to get strong plant okizeme, loses all ability to whiff cancel (a core part of C and H’s combo and pressure game, the absence of which alone is damning), and is generally weaker than the other moons in almost every respect.
- She does gain an interesting series of parry specials, and does reasonable damage if you forget oki, but with basically none of the necessary play of C or H there is little reason to choose her.
- Overall much more zoning oriented than other moons, with multiple projectiles. 236X blade beam in particular can control space very well.
15) BB Hood (Vampire Savior)
17) Botan (Yu Yu Hakusho)